PDA

View Full Version : Get out the rainsuits

mdb landscaping
06-18-2003, 08:40 PM
looks like you guys in the northeast better get out the rainsuits, cause we're gonna have to cut in the rain.....

BSDeality
06-18-2003, 08:47 PM
*ugh* i hope it at least lightens up a little so i can cut friday.

proenterprises
06-18-2003, 10:50 PM
awwwwwwwwwwwwww...shyt

we are in new milford and skipped today..looks like tommorow is gonna be krap too but of well.....ugh weedwacking sucz in the rain:eek: :cool:

mike9497
06-18-2003, 11:04 PM
thursday morning is going to be fair.got 12 lawns to finish on my own.fired all my help this week because i did 98% of the work.i hate cutting in the rain.anyone else cut in the rain

Turfdude
06-18-2003, 11:06 PM
Enough w/ the precip already..... Last year (and a lot in recent years) have been hot & dry..... When will things "get back to normal?"

Advanced Lawncare
06-18-2003, 11:11 PM
Mowed in the rain last week. forecast was about like the one above. Mon - Fri. However lightening does present a problem for me...will not do that:nono:

General Grounds
06-18-2003, 11:11 PM
:blob3: i hear ya bob, were so behind on sidework i think by the time i get to it it will be next season, tony

LB Landscaping
06-18-2003, 11:23 PM
Yup same forcast around here!!! Rained a little today, nothing major but enough to make things tough. Gonna be way behind come next week.

roscioli
06-19-2003, 12:44 AM
I thought I was gonna have a chance to get caught up today, but it looks like the time I mow the last 8, it will be past due for the remaining 22. OYE. Glad I am getting out, I cant see supporting a family when rain like this comes along.

DLCS
06-19-2003, 01:07 AM
I wish you could send some rain this way, I got lawns drying up already.:mad:

Scag48
06-19-2003, 01:13 AM
I mow in the rain :D Grab a raincoat and go for it!

Lawn-Scapes
06-19-2003, 01:14 AM
We'll be waking up to rain tomorrow here in Maryland.. Oh well.

Michael Roscioli.. What do you mean "glad I'm getting out"? Are you getting out of this business?

lawnMaster5000
06-19-2003, 01:31 AM
Last week we had a 10 day forecast that looked the same way :)

Tvov
06-19-2003, 08:37 AM
We finally gave up yesterday (Wednesday). We have been mowing non-stop all spring, in the rain, but yesterday was too much. Did the first lawn, which had puddles even though most of it is on a slope. Got to the next lawn, unloaded the ZTR into a 2" deep puddle. Fortunately, the puddles on the lawn itself weren't as deep, only 1 3/4". Then a wire punctured one of the rear tires on the ZTR, and we gave up and drove back to the shop in pouring rain. Rained all day. Even when the vaunted doppler radar showed no rain, it was pouring. I did get the tire repaired, though (I'll find out in about ten minutes when I go out to the trailer if the repair held, I used an old tire patch).
One of my guys basically called out sick for the week (at least it sounds like he is really sick), and I am supposed to be camping this weekend.
I have finally gotten sick of the rain. Yes, it actually took this long.

mike9497:
"fired all my help this week because i did 98% of the work."

LOL! :laugh: :laugh:

Man do I feel like doing that sometimes. It probably felt great for the first five minutes (until you looked at the work schedule!). Keep goin'!

Premo Services
06-19-2003, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by lawnMaster5000
Last week we had a 10 day forecast that looked the same way :)

Yep, sure was and it was a little tough trying to cut in the rain, but it has been dry all week so far, hope it doesn't go to no rain at all.

Gravely_Man
06-19-2003, 09:58 AM
I have called this spring the "season of the rain suit." I just keep putting it on and taking it off (about ever three days when it stops raining). I never have liked mowing in the rain but sometimes you have to just to keep up.

Gravely_Man