PDA

View Full Version : you tell me a good month or a bad month?

wobblez
06-18-2003, 09:21 PM
i need yall to tell me if this is a good month or a bad month.
let me give you some insight first. my wife and i started the company in Aprils of this year we went out and bought 2 push mowers at wal-mart and weed eater and hand blower from sears. had hand tool already ran a ad in the newspaper and got signs made for the astro van that we have. it took off right off the bat. we were doing great growing ever day. had every one set up to bill at the end of the month. then on the first day of this month we head out to the van to go do our yards and guess what NO van it was stolen that night with all our stuff in it. me thinking at first chit that was a short lived company, then thinking i will not let something like this drag me down. so after the police come i call all my customers to let them know what was up and all but 3 said come on by on our day and you can use our stuff to cut it till you replace your stuff. one of the 3 lives in a show home and said that the show homes would be getting a company to do it from now on. the other one said that is ok we are trying to save money and will be doing it ourselves and the last one is will a bit of a nut the husband and wife fight none stop she wants it bagged he wants it mulched so they said don't come till they call and get it work out with them. so luckly everyone pays me that week for the last months cutting. except the show home lady. so a friend of mine helps me out by taking me around to the customers and loans me his weed eater. i go buy a toro personal pace and a backpack blower and start looking at the car lots for a truck or van. it has been a week since my van was stolen and i find a deal on a van at a car lot as i am about to make the deal my phone rings and it is some old guy asking if i had a van and did i know were it was. i said yes and it was stolen. he said it is parked in front of his house has been there for about a week. so we bolt out of the car lot not buying the other van and head for mine get there and everything is gone but the van still runs and is not wrecked so i drive it home the next day a lady calls me and said her husband left her and she is selling all his lawn stuff so i go over and pick up a stihl br400 backblower for $50.00 and it runs good too. the day after that i pick up a large landscape and lawn job. the landscape job gave me enough to buy a ehco trimmer another toro personal pace and a 6x12 trailer now to end this come home tonight and call the show home lady to find out about my money and she said i am glad you called the other company has turned her yard to chit and ask me to come back.

so with all this me mind is blown can you tell me is this a good or bad month?

WeatherMan
06-18-2003, 09:25 PM
Well Sorry For the bad Luck But It seems it all worked out in the end

lawnrangers
06-18-2003, 10:06 PM
thats kind of a hard question to answer

bobbygedd
06-18-2003, 10:08 PM
wow. im dizzy. can you repeat that, one more time?

AztlanLC
06-18-2003, 10:29 PM
If i wake up and me and my family are healthy and alive, that's a good day, month, year and live.
Don't let nothing bring you down or think you have bad luck, everyday look around and be happy for what you have, not for what you don't.

greenman
06-18-2003, 10:40 PM
Id say it started out bad and turned out good.:) Good luck. Just think of it this way, you didn't lose much by losing the wally world equipment, now you have better equipment and you even got your van back. Thank God!

Thunderdogg
06-19-2003, 03:38 AM
Just remember that every business has setbacks, for what-ever reason. Sounds like you have the attitude to tough it out and roll with the bad times as well as the good times.

Good luck to you, glad you got your van back :)

Tim

Gravely_Man
06-19-2003, 09:12 AM
It sounds like everything worked out great for you. New equipment and you got your van back. Keep up the great work and continue to invest in your company.

Gravely_Man

Lombardi
06-19-2003, 09:57 AM
The best part is you got your van back. You are only out about $400.00 on the equipment, so that should be easy to replace. Didi you have full coverage on the van? If so, call the insurance and see if your equipment is covered. Good luck.