PDA

View Full Version : BHB/FSM has wheels!

FrankenScagMachines
06-18-2003, 10:41 PM
And get my license in 8 days! The truck is 100% paid for (by me).
I think it will look real sharp when I can afford to have it lettered (looks good now IMO). It was recently painted and re-upholstered (vinyl).

1990 Ford F250
351 V8 gas
5 speed manual
2 wheel drive
8' bed regular cab dual gas tanks
plain jane no options except rear sliding window.
has a new bedliner (bed and tailgate in like new shape)
184,000 miles

F irst
O n
R ace
D ay

What does the peanut gallery have to say about it? I'll get a pic tomorrow maybe of it hooked to the trailer with all the goodies in one shot :)

FrankenScagMachines
06-18-2003, 10:43 PM
Sorry the camera lense was filthy from sitting in the garage (I know, a no-no :o )
It looks really good in person :) no rust anywhere. I just washed it :)

Not terribly bad for a first vehicle?

FrankenScagMachines
06-18-2003, 10:44 PM
Interior needs cleaned but is in good shape.

FrankenScagMachines
06-18-2003, 10:45 PM
Yes, it's EFI.

Toroguy
06-18-2003, 10:47 PM
Nice rig Frank'nBush! Truck looks better than mine.

Good luck with your test and your projects

cos
06-18-2003, 10:47 PM
Not bad!!!

I like it.

FrankenScagMachines
06-18-2003, 10:52 PM
Cos, I saw the post with the pic of your nose damage, what happened? Hope you're OK.
Toroguy, I feel confident about the test :) I only missed one on the written and that was a dumb one I wasn't thinking or something LOL. I'm going to use our 12 pass. Ford van for the driving test unless I'm used to the truck enough by then, because I'm most used to the van. I hate cars, you can't see out of them and they don't have mirrors! LOL

Toroguy
06-18-2003, 10:57 PM
C'mon Frankn, with your injenuity, just weld a couple of Mack truck mirrors on Sis's Taurus!

Im sure you'll do fine.

FrankenScagMachines
06-18-2003, 11:03 PM
Well we did have a '97 Plymouth Breeze but it got totaled. The other option is a '84 Mercury Cougar rust bucket that my dad uses to drive to work... not using it because the steering is way sloppy and the transmission jerks the car when you put it in gear and some of the interior's falling apart LOL but he likes it. The mirrors on this truck are gonna get replaced very soon with some big ones like on our van, I like them with a set of small spot mirrors in the corner, very nice with the trailer.

BSDeality
06-18-2003, 11:06 PM
keep both hands on the wheel and do not speed :D

i failed my drivers test the first time cause i was speeding, i was so busy trying to do all the stupid stuff like stay in the right lane ... :rolleyes: and keep my hands on the wheel that i forgot to watch my speed. They guy said to me, "i can see you really know how to handle a vehicle, but you've got a slight speeding problem" it was game over from that point.

Good luck with the truck and drivers test.

FrankenScagMachines
06-18-2003, 11:09 PM
I know whatcha mean! Any little mess up and your done and have to wait 2 weeks to retake it... can't touch the curb parrallel parking either :eek: I have only parrallel parked like 5 times in the last year LOL and 4 of those probably with the van. I like it's mirrors alot if you couldn't tell hehe you can see the tires and the top of the van without cranking your head around. Good mirrors that thing has...... I don't understand some people who can't back up with mirrors or back a trailer with 'em :confused: :alien: :dizzy:
I haven't been driving correctly for the last year since I got my permit... so I will have to really watch it :D :(

kickin sum grass
06-18-2003, 11:13 PM
FrankenScagMachines,

F fix
O or
R repair
D daily

Just kidding, Looks like a nice truck. Hope it does as well for you as my first truck did me. (chevy!!!)

Darryl G
06-18-2003, 11:24 PM
Other than it being a Ford, 2WD, and having lots of miles, it looks good to me.

Surprised you didn't go with a 4WD since you're into snow removal too.

greenman
06-18-2003, 11:26 PM
Glad to see you got a real truck, FORD.:D

DLCS
06-18-2003, 11:31 PM
Wow, that truck looks very sharp. I wish you lots of luck with it and on your driving test. :)

LAWNGODFATHER
06-18-2003, 11:36 PM
What happend to the van?

Darryl G
06-18-2003, 11:49 PM
LGF - You mean the family van....was never his.

LAWNGODFATHER
06-18-2003, 11:57 PM
Yes I know. He clamed it was his though.

65hoss
06-19-2003, 12:22 AM
Better get a reciever hitch put on soon.

Maybe now you will be able to use all that equipment and start making some money.

STAN1366
06-19-2003, 12:53 AM
Good luck BHB w/ the test. Truck looks great for all the mileage. My first truck was also a white Ford F-250. '73 Camper Special w/ 8,100 GVW. Hauled a lot of things in that old girl in the 24 years I owned her.

plowboy81
06-19-2003, 01:01 AM
For the weight you need when pushing snow, you can put that little chevy of darryl's in the back. Be sure he don't have his hitch receiver in when you shut the tailgate, wouldn't want to knock his truck into your back glass.

FrankenScagMachines
06-19-2003, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by plowboy81
For the weight you need when pushing snow, you can put that little chevy of darryl's in the back. Be sure he don't have his hitch receiver in when you shut the tailgate, wouldn't want to knock his truck into your back glass.

ROFL!
Well I decided since I didn't have any plowing accounts (commercial or large residential) that i wouldn't need a 4x4 this year anyway and I can upgrade later on next year if the need arises. For residential snow removal this year I am gonna trade some stuff for a Lawn Boy single stage snowthrower of a friend's and maybe put a plow on the w/b or garden tractor again.

LGF nothing happened to it except that it ticked over 201,000 miles! It is still like new. Well like I said our 3rd car got totaled so that leaves my parents each one and with me getting my license it's time for me to get one so we all have one each. Truck should be alot nicer anyways. The van was kind of useless, can't really put anything in it with the benches in there.

kickin' - no it's First On Race Day! LOL

Thanks everyone else! :) :blob4: :cool:

ffemt1271
06-19-2003, 09:21 PM
Found
On
Road
Dead

lol. actually the truck looks great

LAWNGODFATHER
06-19-2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by ffemt1271
Found
On
Road
Dead

F-ed
Over
Rebuilt
Dodge

Darryl G
06-19-2003, 09:27 PM
Yeah, Fords are a little bigger for sure, but I guarantee the Chevy won't fit in the bed. Personally, I won't buy a truck unless it's 4WD.

But I agree, the truck looks good. I just wonder about it's long term serviceability...but like his other equipment, he probably won't have it long...so no biggie...won't matter.

My 85 Chevy only has 81,000 miles on it, but most of it is plowing or hauling. I wish the body on mine looked as good as the Ford.

FrankenScagMachines
06-19-2003, 10:41 PM
It looks 10x better than the van when hooked up! Got a new battery put in and tail lights wired up and got it licensed today! Have put 60 some miles on it too LOL

LAWNGODFATHER
06-19-2003, 11:00 PM
Didn't you sell the STHM to get out of the load for it?

I don't see it crammed in on your trailer.

FrankenScagMachines
06-19-2003, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by LAWNGODFATHER
Didn't you sell the STHM to get out of the load for it?

I don't see it crammed in on your trailer.

I didn't understand the first sentence really but yes I sold it after owning it 3 weeks :p I made $670 off of it. In fact I found this truck on the way to delivering the STHM to the buyer's house :)

LAWNGODFATHER
06-19-2003, 11:04 PM
Sorry pay off your loan for it.

BTW there was no way you going to get $6,000 for it.

Shouldn't that be "we" found, since you still have no license, or were you driving illegally?

wriken
06-19-2003, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by darryl gesner
Other than it being a Ford, 2WD, and having lots of miles, it looks good to me.

Surprised you didn't go with a 4WD since you're into snow removal too.

I know, wonder why he did'nt bite on this 4x4:p
if memory servers me right could have got this for 1900 less

FrankenScagMachines
06-19-2003, 11:12 PM
LGF when I said 6k I meant for BOTH Scags, and I'm sure there are a few people out there somewhere that would probably pay that... if you've dealt much on Ebay you'd know why i say that...
Technically it was "we", but mom wasn't looking only me LOL.

Bernie I bet that isn't hard to figure out LOL maybe the junkyard will give ya $50 for it ;) j/k looks like a good old Ford workhorse.

LAWNGODFATHER
06-19-2003, 11:29 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2330160621&category=43562

You could of had this

dlandscaping
06-20-2003, 12:42 AM
How many years did this set you back?
Get ready for break downs with that baby. You didnt say how much u paid for it?????

plowboy81
06-20-2003, 12:51 AM
One thing that is funny to me is how other people hate to see someone esle make something of themself. At his age, most of you were still trying to convince your mom that peer pressure wasn't an issue and you wouldn't drink or fool around with the overweight cheerleader on prom night. I'm glad to see he has got his priorities straight and didn't bum off of mom and dad to get the truck. He knows what earning a living is and thats all he needs.

Truck looks good and if something breaks, then no big deal cause there is no monthly payment and you have a income. Good luck with your business.

LAWNGODFATHER
06-20-2003, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by dlandscaping
Get ready for break downs with that baby.

When the engine goes out, he'll put the 8.5hp B&S in it.

If something goes wrong with the steering, he'll mount WB handels on it.

Tranni goes out , that 5 spd from the Toro will be in it.

Problems with the electrical system, he'll just wire up a 12v batt to the lights, push button starting, etc...

Tire goes flat, he'll put one on from that Toro rider/wb whatever thing.

Window breaks, he'll tape it up real nice with a clear trash bag.

Don't worry he'll have it all hooptied out real soon, and yall will see pics of it.

vipermanz
06-20-2003, 04:41 AM
do you ever use that old boat in the garage??, i've seen it there in every pic you post no matter the season.

no i don't want it either......

FrankenScagMachines
06-20-2003, 08:33 AM
dlandscaping, didn't set me back any "years" but I paid $2800 for it. In that price range what I can find around here you get a rust bucket thats 5 years older than this one with 25,000 more miles on it :rolleyes: Alot of the reason I got it other than its a Ford is because it looks pretty good which is important to me (image IS everything!) :cool:

plowboy, thanks :)

vipermanz, the old boat is a 1960's Chrysler 16' aluminum V bottom with a 25hp Tahatsu outboard motor. The boat is my dad's he got along time ago and he replaced the worn out 20hp Mercury that was on it with this Tahatsu which was new at the time. It has been a very reliable Japanese built engine, no less reliable than the Kawasaki's on our lawnmowers ;) Nah it's not for sale, he only uses it once a year and it stays in the garage LOL

AL Inc
06-20-2003, 12:17 PM
dlandscaping-I guess it's better to spend $2800 on a truck that breaks down than $40K on a truck that breaks down;) . After only 124 miles, too.

mag360
06-20-2003, 12:51 PM
Good buy BHB---I'm not big on the 351 motor but I guess you've had luck with it in the van. I bet it's pretty fast too once you learn how to be efficient with the tranny.

FrankenScagMachines
06-20-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by KLC99
Good buy BHB---I'm not big on the 351 motor but I guess you've had luck with it in the van. I bet it's pretty fast too once you learn how to be efficient with the tranny.

Yeah thats what I thought too LOL.... a friend has a '93 F150 automatic with the 302 he can eat up my bro's '94 Pontiac Grand Am so I can't wait to race his F150 with my 250 :D LOL nah I doubt I'll race it much, I'm gonna try to take it easy on it as much as possible....

Question- empty, I normally take off in second gear since it's 4 w/overdrive so 1st is pretty low and alittle jerkier of a take off and shifting into second. Today when I took it mowing, I mostly was taking off in 2nd but occasionally 1st. 1st is awkward because you no sooner take off then you have to shift to 2nd, and like I said it's not the smoothest gear in the tranny... So do most of you just take off in 2nd or do you use 1st? 6x12 open trailer with the 52" w/b, 21" and 2 cycle stuff on it so not too heavy. I'm more comfortable with 2nd gear, do you think it's too much wear on the clutch? Thanks in advance for any help.

CT18fireman
06-20-2003, 07:37 PM
In most cases you should be fine using second. 351 has a good torque band and that is still a pretty light trailer. Uphills or really loaded you may need to use first.

We really seldom use first unless we are plowing. Of course the PSD reacts a bit different then the 351.

FrankenScagMachines
06-20-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by CT18fireman
We really seldom use first unless we are plowing. Of course the PSD reacts a bit different then the 351.
I didn't really think a PSD would react at all ;) they are really torqy, I drove my neighbor's dually flatbed F350 with the PSD and 4 spd w/overdrive like mine last summer on his farm, from what I remember it didn't really notice it was hooked to the truck LOL.

I was worried about the clutch more than the engine, the engine doesn't seem to notice it really but it just seems like it would be hard on the clutch... probably not, maybe i worry too much lol ;)

bob
06-20-2003, 07:49 PM
Looks real good Eric! I can't wait to see what kind of contraptions you add to it!

FrankenScagMachines
06-20-2003, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by bob
Looks real good Eric! I can't wait to see what kind of contraptions you add to it!

Homebuilt 12' V plow and homebuilt half track conversion for it LOL j/k

My wish list for it includes a toolbox, CD player and better speakers, receiver hitch, one of those "wooden beads" seat covers (ventilation purposes), dual straight pipes, hmm... seems like I had somethin' else on there too- oh yes, 33" tires on chrome American Racing rims. Don't think I'll get much of this anytime soon LOL. May wait on some of it until I get a newer less used 4x4 in a year or so...

Brieldo
06-20-2003, 07:59 PM
Skip the straight pipes...you'll lose power on the 351. X pipe or H pipe, not true duals is the way to do it...If you go with duals out of those (X or H), you'll gain power and all that sound you want.

CT18fireman
06-20-2003, 08:54 PM
That is what I meant. With the PSD you could almost start it in 3rd. We only use first when making a downhill push or when we want a lot of torque pulling. Problem with 1st is that even with good rubber the torque will cause wheel spin on wet surfaces.

Advantage with the 351 is that you will get a lot more engine braking. I would still recommend trailer brakes. I run them on all trailers.

Darryl G
06-20-2003, 10:03 PM
First gear is also good to use if you're driving on turf...like to dump a load of mulch or hauling away the brush pile at the rear of the property. Less potential to spin the tires and cause turf damage in my experience.

Nowadays I just put mine in "D".:)

grassdaddy
06-20-2003, 11:15 PM
If you put 33's on it,forget taking off in 2nd with a trailer.:eek:

greenman
06-20-2003, 11:33 PM
When the engine goes out, he'll put the 8.5hp B&S in it.

If something goes wrong with the steering, he'll mount WB handels on it.

Tranni goes out , that 5 spd from the Toro will be in it.

Problems with the electrical system, he'll just wire up a 12v batt to the lights, push button starting, etc...

Tire goes flat, he'll put one on from that Toro rider/wb whatever thing.

Window breaks, he'll tape it up real nice with a clear trash bag.

Don't worry he'll have it all hooptied out real soon, and yall will see pics of it.

LMAO!:D

Lawn Tek
06-20-2003, 11:37 PM
O K, saw something similar on monster garage , you can mount a mower deck underneath , with maybe a flex dek thing on the side , get it lettered and you'll be a babe magnet , chicks dig lawncare trucks , congrats, oh what memories 16 and your first wheels .......

FrankenScagMachines
06-20-2003, 11:45 PM
Brieldo, thanks for the advice but you lost me on the X and H pipes stuff, what are those?

CT when I tried to spin the tires on dry blacktop today in first no load it spun them fine but it hopped around a bit LOL. I only gave it just enough gas to spin them, I guess I'm too easy on the clutch ;)

darryl, yes I figured that out too, don't wanna go too fast and scuff the turf! I like to drive on the yard when I can if it saves alot of labor but in my yard even with it empty you can tell it rutted a bit... it is pretty wet here though.

grassdaddy, yup, but I won't be upgrading tires anytime soon. shoot for a 2wd worktruck 33's might not even be an upgrade.. lol.

Kerry, I saw that, I couldn't beleive they ruined a perfectly good Mustang 5.o ! Their junky mower reels didn't work, the mower deck itself I doubt was even from a commercial unit, it was 48" and had a 1o or 1o.5hp B&S which we all know is very low power especially at their claimed 70mph mowing speed :eek:
I cannot wait to get it lettered as it is! a nice body great paint, white background good candidate for lettering!

LAWNGODFATHER
06-20-2003, 11:51 PM
H pipes and ford go hand and hand...

The H pipe helps the exaust maintain equip pressure, it also give it a little more HP.

Right as they pipes come behind the firewall you would install a pipe be tween the 2 pipes. so they could crossover.

dlandscaping
06-21-2003, 12:36 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by plowboy81
[B]One thing that is funny to me is how other people hate to see someone esle make something of themself. At his age, most of you were still trying to convince your mom that peer pressure wasn't an issue and you wouldn't drink or fool around with the overweight cheerleader on prom night. I'm glad to see he has got his priorities straight and didn't bum off of mom and dad to get the truck. He knows what earning a living is and thats all he needs.

Yea except that i am his age as well and drive a new f350 supercab psd. Ive got my priorities straight as well. He still hasnt made anything. Hes just bought more junk.

dlandscaping
06-21-2003, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by AL Inc
dlandscaping-I guess it's better to spend $2800 on a truck that breaks down than $40K on a truck that breaks down;) . After only 124 miles, too.

Not my fault i got a lemon. Once i get the second new truck i shouldnt have any more problems. I already tried used fords. Mine was a 4*4 supercab longbed f250 xlt with 150k on it and guess what more break downs than u can count. I think ill be better off than him.

AL Inc
06-21-2003, 09:12 AM
You think you have your priorities straight? Your 16 and have a $40K truck. And a mountain of debt.

Darryl G
06-21-2003, 09:22 AM
FSM - Are you sure you want to get it lettered...I mean, seems like a waste if you may only have it temporarily. I'd be careful of how much money I invested in a truck with that sort of mileage.

I know they look a little cheesy, but I like the magnetic signs. I have one set that I swap between my 2 trucks and I can leave them off when I do sub work or stop at the local pub for a brew. I'll even throw one on the front door of the office (house) if I'm expecting a customer to drop by. You may want to consider the magnetic signs until you get a "more permanent" truck.

Just my $0.02

Lawn Tek
06-21-2003, 09:23 AM
Yea except that i am his age as well and drive a new f350 supercab psd. Ive got my priorities straight as well. He still hasnt made anything. Hes just bought more junk. [/B][/QUOTE]

Dude you are cruel and arrogant ,
B H B, don't pay any attention to people born with a silver spoon in their mouth .[B]

FrankenScagMachines
06-21-2003, 09:26 AM
H pipes and ford go hand and hand...

The H pipe helps the exaust maintain equip pressure, it also give it a little more HP.

Right as they pipes come behind the firewall you would install a pipe be tween the 2 pipes. so they could crossover.

Ok I understand how that would be hooked up but to me, that doesn't seem like it would do much because you're not forcing the exhaust to go through that pipe? I'm guessing an X pipe is just the two pipes crossing over each other going to the other side which adds more pipe length which equals more backpressure?

Darryl, good point thanks :)

Dlandscaping, whats your problem? You are always griping about me and the things I buy. I don't have enough business to go get a brand new $40k truck and even if I did I wouldn't spend that much on one. True, I may get a newer used one like a '96 or '97 but it would be alot more affordable. Even if I had the money to go get a brand new one it would be stupid of me to do because it would take alot of college money away. How could I justify $37,000 more for something that does the same job? Mine looks pretty good IMO, it's not a rustbucket like every other LCO around here. It pulls the trailer, gets me there and back, what more do I need? This is my first year really in business, I haven't been doing it since I was 7 or 8 like you will probably claim you have. Shoot for all I know your rich daddy bought you that truck or mommy signed for the loan. Can you say that you paid for the truck outright in cash? I can :) Why are you knocking a Ford if you own a brand new one? And why are you having so much trouble with a brand new one? Are you neglecting or abusing it? Probably :rolleyes: Obviously mine has been and will be taken better care of than yours! If you thought they were good enough to go buy a new $40k one then why are you putting down mine? Do you think yours won't live to see 13 years and 185,000 miles? If you think that then you must not take care of it... We have two other Fords in the driveway one with 201,000 miles (1992 van) and one with 224,000 miles (1984 Mercury Cougar) both run like new, don't use any oil or anything either. My dad is not mechanically inclined, he can't repair anything on a car but he is a maintenance freak and that is what has kept them going so well this long. My truck has obviously been kept well to be in this shape at this many miles so if I keep it well maintained there is no reason why it should not see many many more trouble free miles.
Whats my point? You need to get over it already. I guess you were exactly the kind of people plowboy was talkin' about :rolleyes: I can't remember a single time that you said something even neutral to me. I cannot remember a single time I said anything to make you act this way either. I actually have several memories of LGF saying something nice or even neutral to me even though we like to argue, so you must really have an attitude problem. I can be nice and take some hateful words but I think you've gone too far one too many times. I have never seen you say anything nice to anyone, you are always putting them down. Why? Whats your problem? Do you have a social disorder or what? Maybe you should just quit coming to lawnsite or start going by the old saying- if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all. I can be a pretty nice guy if a person isn't trying to get on my bad side everytime I talk to them.

Have a nice day :)

DLCS
06-21-2003, 11:36 AM
I think you did the right thing buying that truck. I have a '89 f250 4x4 that I just recently purchased for pulling my trailer. I wouldn't use a brand new truck for this kind of business. I would have a hard time filling the bed of my new truck with stinky grass every week. But, seriously sounds like you have a nice ride for a first vehicle. If it breaks down so what, you can get it fixed, still cheaper than a new one. I just dropped the drive shaft on my F250 yesterday, u-joint went out. But like I said still cheaper than beating up my new truck. I would hold off on the lettering though or maybe some magnetic signs like Darryl suggested. Anyways enjoy your new truck.:)

LAWNGODFATHER
06-21-2003, 12:19 PM
On a Mustang GT you can gain 15hp by putting an H pipe in, Ford relized that very inexpensive modification late in the Mustangs life and they came from the factory with them already installed.

The H pipe equilizes the back pressure.

X pipe I think is another term for it.

Rooster
06-21-2003, 03:58 PM
Eric (BHB/FAM)

Glad to see you had enough smarts to buy a real truck!
Good Luck

FORD

Rick

dlandscaping
06-21-2003, 04:22 PM
No silver spoon or debt here. I actually pay less for this truck than i do for my last truck. $2800 seems high for that truck tho, i got that as a trade in value on my last truck 95 f250 supercab longbed xlt 4*4.
Yes im abusing my new truck. Are you on crack?? I believe i got a lemon 6.0l PSD i wouldnt be the first to get one. This truck will be with me until 200k miles. I just passed 1k today had it for almost 3 weeks. I am in no way abusing this truck its just got a faulty egr vavle.
Why spend 40k on a truck?? I get 20 mpg compared to 6, i have a 1 ton plow truck making at least $85/hr plowing in winter, it looks darn good, has a warranty of 100k miles/5yr and the payment is lower than my used truck.
Al= priorities are set, no debt could bought two with the season we are having here.
What i cant brag like BHB does everyday??
Id be careful with lettering that truck unless its got commercial plates, big fines up this way.

Rhett
06-21-2003, 07:52 PM
BHB, The truck looks great. Looks a whole lot better than my first, 24 years ago. Heck it looks better than what I am driving now.

Safe Motoring
Rhett

FrankenScagMachines
06-21-2003, 09:34 PM
DLCS, thanks, I hope so LOL for me, it has to dual function work and play and has to look good for both functions as well. 4wd is not important to me, would have been nice but I can't think of but a couple times in the last year I might have wanted it and 2wd worked then anyway. I'm not big on muddin- too much mess to clean up, and off roading don't wanna accidentally slide it into a tree or anything not even scratch it. Don't need to plow because I have no plowing jobs anyway that require a truck. So a 2wd is fine, simpler is better sometimes. If next year I have a plowing account or two then I'll either get rid of this one and buy a newer 4wd or get an old beater 4x4 just to plow and play with and keep this for mowing and maintenance.

LGF thanks for all the info, I can't "imagine" it adding that much power but tests don't lie and I beleive you.

Rooster, thanks :)

d- I have no problem with how you spend your money if you have a new truck more power to ya but I don't need or want a new truck and have other things to spend the money on. Power windows, locks, 4x4, leather, PSD, etc. do not really get me to the jobsite any faster or make me any more money the only exception being 4x4 if i had to plow but i don't. So since I don't care how you spend yours whats it to you how I spend mine? GET OVER IT! I don't brag either, Just boast hahaa..... I'll be getting around 14 mpg in this. Why spend $4k extra for something that gets 4mpg more? Yeah over the course of your lifetime it may pay for itself but they cost alot more to work on if/when they need it.

Thanks Rhett :)

LAWNGODFATHER
06-22-2003, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by FrankenScagMachines
the mower deck itself I doubt was even from a commercial unit, it was 48" and had a 1o or 1o.5hp B&S which we all know is very low power especially at their claimed 70mph mowing speed It was a 60" Delta Deck (whatever that means) had bigger than 10.5hp.

They mowed a sod farm at 60mph.

If you had that mustang it would have been worse.

plowboy81
06-22-2003, 01:21 AM
Dlandscaping,
I saw a guy today with the same setup as you. Truck was identical to yours, color and all. The only difference was his murray was the black high performance model where as yours is red. Kind of funny though, he couldn't get his Homelite hand blower to crank so I let him use my Husky back pack while I fixed his Homelite on the tailgate of his 40K truck. Of course I had to move his lawnmower ramps off the tailgate first. He also had that same looking spoon hanging from his rear view, except his was platinum. Oh I'm sorry, you've got it all under control, you are 16 now, and mom and dads worth 16 million.

Lawn Tek
06-22-2003, 11:17 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by dlandscaping
No silver spoon or debt here. ?

Next statement

the payment is lower than my used truck.

Payments mean your in debt

Al= priorities are set, no debt

What i cant brag like BHB does everyday??

Because he's already passed you , his is paid for with his money he earned , not what mommie & daddie gave him
[b]xxx

AL Inc
06-23-2003, 09:30 AM
dlandscaping-That's good to hear that you could have bought two of those trucks with the season you are having.

Damn I wish I still lived with Mom and Dad.

dlandscaping
06-24-2003, 04:18 PM
Yup still living with mom no dad. Heck im 17 i cant get a loan for a house cmon now. Wanna stop riding my arss just because you are jealous.

myoder
06-24-2003, 06:08 PM
Hey dlandscaping,
What is your handle on Plowsite?

Just curious...

mpflood
06-25-2003, 12:25 AM
Hey Scaggin,
Save yer money on the dressy **** and put a real rear bumber on the truck.
Something with a step
:rolleyes:

FrankenScagMachines
06-25-2003, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by mpflood
Hey Scaggin,
Something with a step
:rolleyes:
What are you talking about? This is a brand new heavy duty bumper. It's about 3/8" thick where the ball mount is and about 1/2" thick where the bumper mounts to the frame. I have not ever seen a heavier bumper so what on earth are you talking about? Besides that it's a truck not a demolition derby machine, I don't plan on getting rear ended all the time :rolleyes: whats your problem :rolleyes:

mpflood
06-25-2003, 09:46 PM
dont get so defensive on me pal
Im simply stating that i didnt think it had a step(grip) on top
they make nice chrome ones with black rubber tops since1985

LAWNGODFATHER
06-25-2003, 09:49 PM

I do believe he wasn't even born yet.:cool:

FrankenScagMachines
06-25-2003, 10:23 PM
It's diamond plate on top which IMO is far better than any of your plastic junk. I see no need to replace a brand new bumper anyhow. :rolleyes:

LGF I do beleive that statement has nothing to do with this thread :rolleyes:

LAWNGODFATHER
06-25-2003, 10:28 PM
far better than any of your plastic junk. :rolleyes:

Boy are you rude!!!!!!!!!!!!

greenman
06-25-2003, 11:01 PM
Boy are you rude!!!!!!!!!!!!

You got the BOY part right,........and the rude part too, of course.

mpflood
06-26-2003, 03:24 PM
will see when that bumber is wet
thats not diamond plate ,its paint diamond design
Been there done that,plastic-rubber tops are best.
give the guy a safety tip and he acts like a fool
Smell ya later

FrankenScagMachines
06-26-2003, 06:25 PM
will see when that bumber is wet
thats not diamond plate ,its paint diamond design
Been there done that,plastic-rubber tops are best.
give the guy a safety tip and he acts like a fool
Smell ya later
Guess what? It was wet today and when I stepped on it, it gave me lots of grip. Which doesn't really matter because I do not often find a need to step on the bumper. A truck bed is for hauling things in, not climbing in and out. If you like plastic top ones thats fine, but no need to say that this isn't a real bumper.
Besides- you never said WHY I should get a different bumper in your original post, for all I could tell you were just bashing me because it has a new bumper. You didn't say that one with a plastic top is safer. So dont' say I'm acting like a fool, because you didn't give me a reason to listen to you in the first place.

To help your memory, I'll quote the original reply that you made about the bumper:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by mpflood:

clowns

Hey Scaggin,
Something with a step

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know how you interpret that, but to me it doesnt' say anything about my bumper being unsafe.

DLCS
06-26-2003, 06:50 PM
Why don't you put a reciever hitch on that truck. Looks like your trailer is riding high in the front.

FrankenScagMachines
06-26-2003, 08:21 PM
Cuz I'm broke LOL. The bumper works until I have some $$$. With the van and receiver hitch I had it riding almost that high in front anyway for less of an angle on the gate. Would like a receiver hitch though :)

DLCS
06-27-2003, 11:59 PM
Would like a receiver hitch though :)

Why don't you try to build one?:eek:

LAWNGODFATHER
06-28-2003, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by DLCS
Why don't you try to build one?:eek: ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!

Holly cow that was funnnnnny

I don't want to be behind him after he makes that with his welder.....

:eek::eek::eek:

DLCS
06-28-2003, 12:36 AM
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!

I don't want to be behind him after he makes that with his welder.....

:eek::eek::eek:

Why, he says his welds are getting better and hes got a bicycle frame just laying around now. I'm sure he could make a hitch out of it.:eek:

LAWNGODFATHER
06-28-2003, 01:35 AM
Og god I can't stop laughing.................

CT18fireman
06-28-2003, 07:05 PM
HAHA I guess that is real funny.

Wait a minute, I made a receiver hitch and big crossmember yesterday for a 1 ton dump. Guess what I welded it.

Lay off guys. We all start somewhere. Some may have better opportunities but that does not guarantee success.

LAWNGODFATHER
06-28-2003, 07:56 PM
Best investment he made yet, go figure it's a truck.