PDA

View Full Version : Apt

ztrguy
06-18-2003, 11:00 PM
For all of you that rent apartments, how do you go about making everything theft proof? I would say everyone has enclosed trailers? Any pros or cons to apartment living? Do you feel your trailer is safe parked outside and not being hooked up?

Thanks.

Tbarchaser
06-19-2003, 12:17 AM
Do what i did....get an apt with a garage! If you cant get that get a storage unit in the center of your cust. base. Leaving a trailer exposed is asking for problems.

ztrguy
06-19-2003, 10:07 AM
Thanks for the reply. Do you know how much a storage unit would run? I thought I would get an enclosed trailer instead of forking out the money for the storage, but I'm sure you're right about the trailer in sight thing. Anyone could just hook up to it and take off.

drobson
06-19-2003, 10:57 AM
I was going to get a storage area, a 10x20 was about $175/month. I decided to invest the money in my own garage (have one at my house, but it had no door and needed a lot of repairs to be secure). I figured I could make back the money that I put out on my own garage in about a year and a half of monthly storage payments.

There were cheaper ones, but I needed 24 hour access and this was the only one in the general area that had that.

Sounds like storage is the answer for you, then you don't need to spend the money on an enclosed tailer, although it would be nice to have both.

Moguy
06-19-2003, 11:13 AM
I have an enclosed trailer and still put it in mini storage for 20 bucks a month. Insurance rates can be cheaper if its stored in a lighted fenced in area.

Remsen1
06-19-2003, 11:45 AM
you can never get ahead while living in an apartment.

ztrguy
06-19-2003, 02:46 PM
What is your suggestion then? If you never get ahead while living in an apartment?

Remsen1
06-19-2003, 03:13 PM
home interest rates are at a record low right now... buy a house with a mortgage that is the same or less than your rent. better yet, buy a two family, live in one unit and rent the other out to offset or completely pay your mortgage.

of course your new property should include a garage or ample secure area. if you're on this site you should be an entreprenuer who doesn't need somebody (me) telling them this.

renting is like flushing. everytime you make your rent payment you are loosing money. when you make a mortgage payment you are increasing your equity and your net worth.

ztrguy
06-19-2003, 03:24 PM
Sounds like a plan Remsem1.

Thanks for your reply. I guess I better wait til I make that move. That way I can put more money down on a house. Thanks again!

WeatherMan
06-19-2003, 03:37 PM
I Have A house And Garage But I rent A 3 car Garage Down the Street from me to kept my trailer and Equip. I Dont like looking at my Equip when I'm home Anyway I pay $75 A month for a 3 car garage look in your local paper for People renting out thier garages