PDA

View Full Version : Put my daughter to work today..

Lawn-Scapes
06-19-2003, 12:49 AM
Or maybe I should say she put me to work. She rode the Lazer while I walked behind my 50" belt drive Gravely. It was a workout but have to admit I didn't miss being bounced around all day by the Lazer. We weren't as efficient as I wanted to be today because I felt I had to baby sit her... but she did a good job. Things will get better once she learns the props and I become more comfortable.

What do you guys think a fair wage is to pay your child to ride a Lazer all day?

roscioli
06-19-2003, 12:51 AM
A fair wage, the same wage you would pay an employee to sit on a lazer all day... I would say $8/hour or so.

HarryD
06-19-2003, 12:53 AM
pay her what you would pay anyone you would hire ;) I know if you tried to pay me $6 an hour you would be mowing by yourself :p

LAWNGODFATHER
06-19-2003, 12:54 AM
Tell her she has free room and board...

Depends on the age?

16-17 and up same wage as an employee.

13-15 yo minimum wage.

chuckwk
06-19-2003, 12:57 AM
Personally, I don't think a business / work environment is place for a wife or daughter ... call me old fashioned or whatever but I think women are better off sticking to the landscape side of things. I just think companies that use their children / wife look cheesy. (maybe cuz when I was in biz. I had a real girlie girl wife... and girlie girl cousins, etc... they would never be caught dead using any sort of 'garage' tool, etc.)

As far as wages, ask your accountant... I'm sure things like deductions, head of household, etc., etc.. will be taken into consideration.

Tbarchaser
06-19-2003, 01:13 AM
Uh...Chuck. You would be amazed at the quality and efficiency a woman brings to the crew! My girlfriend has been helping me lately and I have been very surprised. When we get our afternoon thunderstorm (1" OF SIDEWAYS STINGING DOWNPOUR IN A HOUR)
She keeps on moving not missing a beat...looks like she is doing a good job too...(kinda hard to tell from the truck) She never complains about the heat, skipping lunch, and she never slows down.

It is now time to call you Old Fashioned...

chuckwk
06-19-2003, 01:46 AM
Guess it was the way I was raised... I agree, I think women can do a better job at just about any job on the face of the earth... women are more patient,much more 'picky, etc., etc...

BUT, we still made fun of guys with girls working with them... I enjoyed my time away from my wife and women... working with the guys we could talk about man stuff, BUST out a 12 hour day in 6 and enjoy the rest of the afternoon at the nudie bar. (on occasion)

Alan Bechard
06-19-2003, 08:33 AM
Better not tell my wife that! LOL

My wife and a lady friend of hers do all the work. And will work most men I know right into the ground, me included at times.

Pay your children what the job they are doing is worth.

People should be paid according to what they do and accomplish not by their age, gender, color, religious beliefs, how many kids they have, if they are newly married or any of the other junk that comes into play.

Remember though, to give your kids a break away from you at times, how would you like to be around your boss every waking moment of the day? And they have to have someone to confide in how mean the boss is and how bad he treated them! Just kidding, but time apart sometimes makes your time together better.

Alan Bechard

Gravely_Man
06-19-2003, 10:01 AM
Just make sure she is being safe and pay her what you think is fair. It will all boil down to her age and what she is able to accomplish.

Gravely_Man