PDA

View Full Version : i got an idea

Jmc Lawn care
06-19-2003, 07:09 AM
i remember gettin bit by ants while i was edging this yard with a stick edger about a week ago.. they had ant beds in thier lawn and along the sidewalk in front of thier house. i seen something on tv i forgot what it was, but what do u think about This.... it said sumthing like "u wash your car 30 times a year, mow 20 a year,kill ants 6 times? blah blah blah

anyway this stuff is suppose 2 kill ants for an entire season. i was thinking maybe i could buy this stuff, (i dont know if it is only for ant beds or i could use it for a lawn that doesnt need it, just spread it out, it looked like it was a kinda small bag when they showed it) anyway i was thinkin i could offer this in my fliers,.. like say something about killing ants for an entire season..now that im typing it MUST be for the entire lawn becuz what if u kill just a few antbeds that are there? ants could come back & make more nests in other places right? they couldnt advertise that unless they mean no more ant nests in JUST those spots right? or u jus kill each antbed as they come? i dont even know.... anyways i was wondering if i could (get away with..j/k) advertise or add this in somehow with the services part in a flier and if i could buy the stuff and charge ppl more for giving them this extra service? (make money off this product)

what do u think??/

any feedback aprecciated

Floridalandcare
06-19-2003, 07:55 AM
I don't know about your area ,but here in Florida Ants are considered a pest and a Pesticide Applicators License is required to treat for them , and advertising for Ant control without the license would be illegal.

ElephantNest
06-19-2003, 08:50 AM
That commercial has already caused me troubles. My weekly customers get 36-40 cuts/year. I've had two customers already ask if I was cutting too often, as they "Heard on TV" that 30 cuts a year was enough. I told them that if they got cut 30 times this year, that they'd be calling me quite often asking why their yard looked terrible. Sometimes it's hard to explain, even to bright customers, that LOCATION determines cuts, not me. They both understood, but it wasted everyone's time, and irked me enough to never buy that product, I'll step on each ant individualy if I have to.:rolleyes:

BRL
06-19-2003, 12:05 PM
There are many threads in the Pesticide Forum about treating for ants. I haven't seen anyone there mention that they didn't need their Pesticide License for that work. So I would guess everywhere that you use such a Pesticide Chemical would require the need for the license.