PDA

View Full Version : How's the weather?

AltaView
06-19-2003, 11:27 AM
As of yesterday, we have had 39 consecutive days with no measurable rain:mad: :mad: :mad: . Not much growing happening right now. People are watering like crazy but it is not helping very much. Looks like a new storm front is moving in off the coast and heading this way for the weekend. Hopefully it will not split before it hits us.

What's it like where you are? I know there is some serious rain out there. I will trade a little of the dry we have for a little bit of your rain:) .

Kevin
Express Lawns

geogunn
06-19-2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by ExpressLawns
As of yesterday, we have had 39 consecutive days with no measurable rain:mad: :mad: :mad: .

As of yesterday, (it seems) we have had 39 consecutive days with measurable rain:mad: :mad: :mad: ;)

GEO

AltaView
06-19-2003, 11:39 AM
Man, there never seems to be any real happy medium does there?:dizzy:

Kevin
Express Lawns

eslawns
06-19-2003, 11:44 AM
This is my last week as a full time LCO, and it rained Monday in the afternoon, Tuesday most of the day, yesterday afternoon, and it is raining now and is supposed to rain all day. It's been the rainiest season since I started the business, following the season with the worst drought. Last year there was nothing to mow, now we mow in swamps.

Toroguy
06-19-2003, 03:28 PM
It is drying out here in Central MN. Last year didn't miss a cut. Rain to the immediate North and South of me. Must be due to my cussing tantrum last week.

GreenQuest Lawn
06-19-2003, 03:38 PM
Dry here as well. I think most of the rest of the state of Michigan has gotten enough rain. Not here. We have had a whopping .7" of rain since May 11 (37 days)

Also compounding our problem is all the sand down 4-5" We have great drainage which can hurt or help us. I can mow after 3" of rain and barely run into a puddle. Then again 1-2 weeks after it stops raining its crispy.

I figure I will be at about 50% next week as far as mowing.

Oh well thank god for season contracts.

Toroguy
06-19-2003, 03:48 PM
It's funny a week ago the grass was so long that 40% of the lawns needed to have the clippings dispersed with the back pack blower, now without significant rain soon, 40 % will receive a wave as I drive by.

Grass likes rain, I'm a grass groupie...so I like rain too.

Mr_Marc
06-19-2003, 04:54 PM
Rain here almost every afternoon.

Anyone care to mud bog?

AL Inc
06-19-2003, 05:26 PM
We lost yesterday to rain, but were able to do a large part of yesterday's route today. Everything is just soaking wet, and the forecast is for more rain until Sunday. Oh well, just have to keep going. The strong will survive.

Duncan Lawn Care
06-19-2003, 06:30 PM
Finally getting some rain here!!!!!

Piedmont Lawn
06-19-2003, 06:53 PM
Anybody know where to find a rain gage that measures in feet ? :confused:

Later
Klez

BSDeality
06-19-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Klez-Cuts
Anybody know where to find a rain gage that measures in feet ? :confused:

we just put in a pool 1 week ago (to the day) so far we've pumped 12,000 gallons of water out from underneath the pool (sub'd pipe + pump) and into it to fill it. It's a 20,000 gallon tub. By the end of this weekend it'll be full i'm sure of it.

Harry0
06-19-2003, 09:45 PM
Ive been doing this work in South Jersey for 22 years and never remember even coming close to this much rain fall-21 of the past 31 days it rained-roll with the punches-Harry

ffemt1271
06-19-2003, 10:57 PM
too much rain here 16. something inches in 17 days. this is the first day of no rain in a while

Rhett
06-19-2003, 11:17 PM
Nice weather if you are a duck. Five inches of rain the last 3 days. Glad we are in sand and it drains quickly, but it is killing me as far as schedule goes. Going to take the bilge pump off of the boat and put it on the exmark if things keep going this way

tiedeman
06-19-2003, 11:29 PM
stuff is starting to dry up here. We need some decent rain here at by this weekend.

lawnkid
06-19-2003, 11:57 PM
I hate the rainy weather. One good thing though, I'm back to cutting lawns 2 times a week now. In the beginning I was cutting twice a week because everyone was fertilizer happy this year, and so I had to mow a lot. Now, two days before summer starts I'm back to mowing twice a week. Maybe this is a good sign
:confused: