PDA

View Full Version : Help with Bid!!!!

"Five-O"
06-19-2003, 12:14 PM
Hello all!! I am fairly new to this business and I have a business wanting me to give them a bid. The area is as follows:

approximately 1769 linear ft of trimming and edging.

approximately 8845 sq ft of mowing area (most of which will have to be double or triple mowed).

Approximately 35 to 40 obstacles to manuever around.

The bid I give them is going to be for the rest of the season, and at this time is not going to include any pricing for the mulch work or planting for the beds, it is going to take alot of work to get them back into shape. The beds are in extremely bad condition.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again!

LAWNGODFATHER
06-19-2003, 09:10 PM
$50 a week, but it's hard to help with bids sight unseen.

Guestimating is the weakest part of this biz due to veriations in weather and how people perform on the job.

Lawn-Scapes
06-19-2003, 09:34 PM
wow.. 35-40 obstacles on a 8000sf property. That's a lot of **** to mow around on such a small prop. Tell them you'll cut it for X amount the first time but may have to make an adjustment? Good luck.

jeff_0
06-19-2003, 09:40 PM
anywhere from $40-$60

"Five-O"
06-19-2003, 10:45 PM
I appreciate the info. That is about what I had in mind. As for the obstacles this property is a Motel and they have several areas that have pipes for drainage, pumps for the pool, and they four rows of 4" trees that have about 8 trees in each row. Hopefully I will get the bid because this could turn into several more locations that are owned by the same group. Once again thanks for the info.

"Five-O"

skurkp
06-20-2005, 01:21 PM
I am new to the business of short grass, but have years in long grass. I always bid my jobs according to the man hours needed. @ $25.00 per man hour. This will cover all aspects of basic maintenance. Tree work, colors, irrigation and drainage are priced per job. If there is an initial clean up needed I will explain that to the customer and charge a one time clean up and then a maintenance fee.