PDA

View Full Version : What is it ?

jsr2741
06-19-2003, 02:47 PM
I noticed the otherday at one of my accounts two bluish colored rings about 6 inches in diameter they appeared to be some type of fungus and they are located under a oak tree. The account called today to inquire what it was and wants it treated if its something serious. I would post a photo but my disk drive is on the blink and I cant load my digital camera program into the puter.

I can't locate any summer disease that resembles this in my turf/pest control book. Any help would be appreciated.

LawnMagic1
06-19-2003, 08:49 PM
Could be fairy ring...but hey your guess is as good as mine. Would be nice to see a picture in order to tell you more. Post one when you get a chance.

thfireman
06-19-2003, 11:40 PM
I agree, It could be fairy ring. I had a lawn that I picked up a few years ago that had multiple rings in the lawn. After asking questions I discovered that the owners had some trees removed when the house was built and then put topsoil over them. Now they have the fairy rings after years of decay.:(

jsr2741
06-20-2003, 01:01 AM
Pretty sure it's not fairy ring and no browning around the edges. There is no mushroom growth and the tree is alive and well. They actually have a decent stand of grass around the base of the tree.

I'll run by tomorrow and take a photo and use a buddy of mine's puter to post it but these two ring are definately blue and thats what is throwing me.

jsr2741
06-20-2003, 07:17 PM
Got a better look at it today and determined it to be slime mold. Called my chem/Fert supplier who verified.