PDA

View Full Version : Just stupid LMO

nelbuts
06-19-2003, 10:08 PM
Ok so I go to one of our friends house to cut her grass today. There is a guy cutting across from her on the cul-da-sac. Now the guy is cutting when I get there so I start work watching him as I go along.

He finished his yard put mower on trailer. Started weedeating. Finished weed eating and put up weedeater. Got out handheld blower and blew off driveway. Put up blower.

Now I swear to God the guy drove 20 Feet and started cutting the yard next to my friend's house!! I almost fell off my Z laughing so hard. Honestly there is a vacant lot between the two houses. It is on the cul-da-sac so it isn't 50' wide and he was parked in front of the lot!!

Bet he doesn't make much time on his route! :D :D :D

LAWNGODFATHER
06-19-2003, 10:14 PM
LOL that's a loooong walk to the truck eh.......

I just tell them to drive the mowers if only a short distance, then one guy brings the truck up when done.

nelbuts
06-19-2003, 10:18 PM
This is no lie, THE FRONT OF THE TRUCK WAS TOUCHING THE OTHER LAWN!!!:dizzy:

bobbygedd
06-19-2003, 10:20 PM
im glad there are dumb people. if there werent dumb people like him, how would we know we are so smart? nothing to compare ourselves to.

nelbuts
06-19-2003, 10:24 PM
Takes all kinds to make the world spin!

leadarrows
06-19-2003, 10:29 PM
I wonder how many times this summer he will do that before he figures it out. LOL If you see him any more it might get interesting.

cajuncutter
06-19-2003, 10:54 PM
Ok yeah it is funny and I myself would probably laugh had I seen that but in this guys defense I would venture to say he may have wanted to keep an eye on his equipment. Even though it is a hand held cheap blower and possibly the top O tha line Homelite str8 shaft still he may have intended to keep an sharp eye on his things. I my self am doing this as well. I have actually pulled up 2 houses so my truck and equipment could be in front of the property I am doing. Call me stupid or whatever but usually at all times I myself or one of my workers can see the equipment and who all may be around it. Trust me theives will hit you in the middle of the day. That happened to a very good friend of mine twice in one month. Just my $0.02:rolleyes:

Turf Medic
06-19-2003, 11:06 PM
I can understand moving the truck so you can watch your equipment. But why load the mower back on the trailer?

nelbuts
06-19-2003, 11:16 PM
Maybe you don't understand that his truck was touching the second property! It did not change the view at all. I literally thought about it the rest of the day. I won't see hime again cause I usuall am there on Wed. But got rained out last night so went this morning after the rain stopped or I wouldn't have seen him.

Now these houses are so close that there is nothing to gain.

cajuncutter
06-19-2003, 11:18 PM
Valid point, one which I have no answer. I usually throw the gate up and either pull the truck down or one of my guys does. So i can't answer for him.

cajuncutter
06-19-2003, 11:20 PM
Nel same view from the 2nd back yard as the first? If so I would not understand. Main reason I move is if we are all in the back yard of the property we are doing atleast one of us is walking by the gate or along a fence line in view of the equipment.

tiedeman
06-19-2003, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by cajuncutter
Valid point, one which I have no answer. I usually throw the gate up and either pull the truck down or one of my guys does. So i can't answer for him.

same with us. If the house is like 4 or 5 down the way I just ride down on the mower and the guy follows behind in the truck. The only reason that we do it is because of the type of neighborhood

nelbuts
06-19-2003, 11:31 PM
This is an up scale development. View is the same in all back yards. Besides the only thing he had on the trailer when he was cutting grass was the, TRAILER! Everything else was in the back of the truck. I tell you it was funny plain and simple. I have areas where I do seven houses mostly together or seperated by a house and never move the truck.

greenman
06-19-2003, 11:37 PM
Geez, what an idiot. I would have mowed both of them at the same time, then trimmed both then blowed both. Simple!

thartz
06-19-2003, 11:52 PM
Nelbuts: LMOA, we have 12 in the same area;if we did that it would take us 2 days to finish.I'm a creature of habit but this is a bit much.