PDA

View Full Version : scheduling

mikeymike
06-20-2003, 01:16 AM
Do you guys give your customers certain days that their yards will be cut on? My customers are bi-weekly scheduled but i don't give them an exact day of the week that their yard will be done. Any advice on how you guys do yours would be greatly appreciated.

The Green Way
06-20-2003, 01:43 AM
If your customers don't request it and this works for you then it's good.

Rustic Goat
06-20-2003, 03:29 AM
Do your customers not care, or have you just never asked?
If they don't, take that as advantage and don't rock the boat, you can juggle your schedule whenever/however you need/want to.

Georgiehopper
06-21-2003, 08:09 AM
Dont worry about it unless your customers bring it up.

AL Inc
06-21-2003, 10:09 AM
With mowing, customers have a scheduled day that they are serviced. The men have their routes and I don't have to worry about it. When it comes to landscape work or anything outside of mowing, I tell them as soon as possible. I found that by giving people exact dates and times, I was just creating stress for myself.

Lanelle
06-21-2003, 06:02 PM
Bi-weekly? Are you mowing these properties just once every two weeks? Its hard to make money that way when the grass is really growing fast. Many would need to be double-cut around here to look halfway decent. We've used a 7-10 day mowing cycle with no promise of a 'day of the week'. Due to weather, that gives us some leeway. We don't mow residentials on the weekend and try to do most of them on Wed-Friday.

tiedeman
06-21-2003, 07:40 PM
Usually I tell the customers how often their lawn will need it just by looking at.

Now for certain days of the week for mowing I only make sure that summer cottages are done later in the week for the customers can have a nice lawn for the weekend. Other than that, I schedule it around our time.

Jimmy348
06-21-2003, 09:35 PM
I usually tell them 7 to 10 business days (no Sundays). Cut is left up to my discretion and so far no complaints. :D

mtdman
06-21-2003, 11:44 PM
Schedule?? I haven't had a schedule yet this year. And I'm pissed about it. All I want is to have some regularity, and quit the running around to get everyone done. Damned rain won't give me a chance.

As far as telling them a day, if they ask, give it. I always make sure they understand anything that happens throughout the week can disrupt the schedule, even if it's not their day to mow. Most people have been understanding this year, thank God.

:dizzy: