PDA

View Full Version : Weather Change

Strawbridge Lawn
06-20-2003, 07:57 AM
Good news folks, Weather pattern will be dry and hot next week. The Mid Atlantic and Northeast will suffer a little more this weekend with mainly aftn/eve storms BUT MON-THU look good.
A front will work east next week and is prgged to be along the east coast late THU and during Friday. Not sure at this point whether it will hold together. I plan to be done all my properties by Friday.

Bashers beware I could be right..

RET USN
Meteorologist

I have a vested interest in the Weather

BSDeality
06-20-2003, 10:55 AM
i'll believe it when i see it.

the weatherman don't seem to know their *** from a raincloud lately.

CMerLand
06-20-2003, 05:37 PM
Strawbridge,

UHHHH yea!!!!! Weather people cant correctly predict the weather 12 hours before its actually happening let alone a week in advance. On wed and thursday of this week they said rain all day, both days. By noon on both days it had stopped raining and I was able to get out and cut some lawns on thursday. I screwed up on Wednesday cause I believed the forcast and was waiting for all that rain to fall but it never did.

Now Im not a meterologist, but there has definately been a change in the weather pattern and it began last Fall and hasnt changed since. We were in the same weekly rain situation the end of last year, then got all that beautiful snow all winter long. And considering we just came out of a 5 to 6 year period of drought and below average rainfall, we could be in this same pattern for months if not years to come. And if it means were going to get snow like last season for the next couple of years, I'll be glad to deal with all the extra cutting.

CMerrick

wojo23323
06-20-2003, 06:52 PM
I just hope it doesn't rain tomorrow because we have 38 lawns to get done. It rained so hard yesterday afternoon that I could not even walk on them today. I saw a few companies working today, but they were leaving mud tracks everywhere. Hopefully everything will dry out soon.

Strawbridge Lawn
06-20-2003, 10:50 PM
Hey wojo.. Yahh I had t go by several clients today and delay cutting til mon/tue. Doing 5 or so tomorrow. Did manage to get 4 done today.
I think there WILL be showers around tomorrow especially after 2 PM. A few will escape them, but I am planning to see some brief rain. Going to try to get it all done early.
Better SUnday and good and dry MON-THU