PDA

View Full Version : smokless oils

bushwoods1
06-20-2003, 07:20 AM
OK I've looked through some old threads, and nothing really touches on this.
Does anyone use the smokeless oils, and have they worked. I tried it for a couple of weeks for two of my older trimmers, and the things seem to run, and smoke even worse now. Not only that, one of the trimmers finally quit altogether yesterday. It acted is if the carb was all gunk-ed up before it finally died. I will tear it down today and see what the deal is. I did follow the recommended measuring and mixing procedures.
Just wondering if anyone has used these oils with any success, or is it just another gimmick out on the market.

Premo Services
06-20-2003, 08:08 AM
I have never tried the smokless oils you arte referring to.
BUT, 2 years ago, I read posts about using amsoil for two cycle equiptment.
I have seen an improvement in power, very soon after I started using the amsoil mix. I have never had to mess with the spark arrester screen. NO SMOKING EITHER....

At the beginning of the season, I checked plugs and they were clean, but changed them anyways. This stuff is great.

check it out at www.amsoil.com

here are more posts about the oil

http://www.lawnsite.com/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=97145&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

Gravely_Man
06-20-2003, 08:15 AM
I have not heard of smokeless oils but that doesn't mean anything. I would fix the cause of the problem rather then using something that tries to mask the problem.

Gravely_Man

Tomt
06-20-2003, 09:02 AM
I have been using Opti-1 for about a year and have no problems at all. No smoke, very little smell and the engines run great because the mix ratios produce more gas and less oil, gas is what produces the power not the oil. Am running in 4 Echos not and have no intention of changing. I hate the smell of, the burned oil, most small engine 2 cycle oil.:cool: LOL