PDA

View Full Version : Scotts lawnService. Any in your Area?

kaufmaninc
06-20-2003, 10:54 AM
What do y'all know about the Franchised Scott's LawnService. They seem to be expanding rapidly & have a heck of a marketing program behind them. I'd think this would be a good opportunity for someone wanting to expand into Ferts while using the best marketed brand recognized name in the industry. What are everyone's opinions?????

rkk95
06-20-2003, 05:45 PM
The only reason that they are expanding is because they are buying everyone in the area. Personaly I have heard nothing good from any of their customers, or should I say former customers. If you want to sell they are the ones to talk to, they pay on a set price, not on the customers that they keep.

kaufmaninc
06-21-2003, 07:26 AM
I did read that they were buying alot of different players in your area. It's definately a change. Things happen because of the people that control the oganization. What about the Franhised stores that have everyday Joe's like you & I running them & making a living?

rkk95
06-21-2003, 02:46 PM
I didn't know that they sold franchise, I personaly would never go into a franchise, you will always be answering to them, and you will always be paying them. There is another recent thread on here about franchise buisnesses, I think that it was about the weedman franchise.