PDA

View Full Version : Sick over lost weed wacker

jrodgers
06-20-2003, 10:33 PM
Well not like its consuming me but damm I hate that. Bought a new ww last week (Shindaiwa T231). Last lawn we were on and it started to rain hard so I called it. Well I fortgot to put the pins in for my ww holder because I set it back in the holder to run back and talk to a new customer. Well took off from the job and the guys were behind me with the truck and trailer and I was in my truck in front of them and noticed in my rear view mirror that the ww was not in the holder and practically had a heart attack. Made a u-turn in the middle of the street and went back to look for it ( total time probably two minutes) and it was nowhere to be found. The worst part about it was it was totally my fault and I couldnt even blame the guys. Has anyone even lost stuff off the trailer like this before? Well I had to go right back to the dealer and spend another $302.05 for a new one and some one has a b rand new ww. Why couldnt it have been one of the older ones?

ElephantNest
06-20-2003, 10:43 PM
Lost a $450.00 spreader on the Causeway heading to New Orleans. Bounced, hit an Ashplunde truck, bounced more, hit the wall......luckily all other traffic avoided it. We got to the other side of the bridge, turned around, ( no shoulder ) and by the time we got back on the bridge in the right direction, the spreader was long gone. ( 25 mile bridge ):mad:

jrodgers
06-20-2003, 10:47 PM
That little picture under your name is what I was doing after I realized it was my mistake!

Grassmechanic
06-20-2003, 11:16 PM
never lost anything, but I did find a nice wheel barrow, some 3" suction hose, and a bunch of masonry tools that fell off a truck.

Mike

STAN1366
06-20-2003, 11:49 PM
Had an Echo PB400 back pack blower fall out of the back of my truck. Didn't have a mount for it and the truck was kinda packed so I sat it in a trash barrel that was partly filled in the back of the truck. Took off a little too fast from a stop light and the barrel being top heavy fell over dumping the blower onto the road. Good thing the truck behind me saw what happened and blew his horn. He hadn't moved yet so it didn't get run over. I stopped and ran back a little red faced. Banged it up a bit but it still ran. Couple years later I'd left it too close to the truck after using it and when it started raining I just loaded up real quick forgetting the pack blower. It stopped the truck from rolling! DUH! This time it bent the frame. I took it apart and straightened the frame and it went a few more years! Sold it for $100!
Then there was the time I was BS-ing w/ my helper and didn't lock the Bob Cat in place. Got about a block away and started going up a hill when we hear this hellacious crash! It rolled out the back and the discharge chute opening caught the tailgate. Ripped it off and the machine hit the ground on an angle. Bent the thing diagonally so that one front wheel was off the ground about 6"! Had to take it to a chassis shop and get it straightened out. Never did work right though.

o-so-n-so
06-20-2003, 11:50 PM
I lost a $30.00 scoop and I was upset. Blowed off a pile of mulch on my trailer. Yea, it was my fault for not securing it properly. Went bought a new one. I call it my $60.00 scoop. I would not be happy if I lost a WW.

TLS
06-21-2003, 12:24 AM
jrodgers,

This could have been avoided if you had a TrimmerTrap! :(

Never have to worry about pins or clips. I always preach about its speed and ease of use, now this is a totally different and unfortunate situation that the TrimmerTrap could have prevented.

Let me guess.....The racks you have are cheaper?

gogetter
06-21-2003, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by TLS

No necessarily Tommy. He could have the even more expensive Green Touch racks. They use pins that can easily be forgotten. Plus they're way over priced!

I use cheapy $99 racks that have to be pinned before you can let go of the trimmer. So there's no way to forget to pin them.

DLCS
06-21-2003, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by TLS
jrodgers,

This could have been avoided if you had a TrimmerTrap! :(

Never have to worry about pins or clips. I always preach about its speed and ease of use, now this is a totally different and unfortunate situation that the TrimmerTrap could have prevented.

TLS,

I was thinking the same thing. You can't beat TrimmerTrap, no pins to forget to put in.:)

paponte
06-21-2003, 01:17 AM
Man I had the same EXACT thing happen to me this week. Except it wasn't my fault. I ended buying 2 echo's for the same price of the Shindaiwa. :D

little green guy
06-21-2003, 02:00 AM
In the begining of this season I had 2 backbacks, a chian saw and a hedge trimmer. It was my fault that was the worst part. I lft the tail gate open when i went for lunch. I went back and dound one backpack but never found the rest.

grshppr
06-21-2003, 02:31 AM
Husky backpack blower fell of the trailer. Found it....in about 20 pieces.:(

madmow
06-21-2003, 02:39 AM
My boss last year had never bothered putting up his racks for his weedwackers. The weedwackers just sat in the trailer. ----Big bump---- weedwacker flew out. We went back to get it and it was gone. He had to buy a whole new wacker. He certainly decided to put his racks on after that!

MX 158
06-21-2003, 03:24 AM
I got to the gas station one morning and realized my trimmer wasn't in my trimmer trap. I immediately started backtracking expecting the worst, I got lucky it fell off on the first turn when I left home and rolled into a leaf covered ditch. I then remembered I had hooked one end in the rack and sit the other end on the fender because I had a blower in the other hand.

TLS
06-21-2003, 02:54 PM
MX 158,

You hooked the front, but failed to latch the rear? It still shouldn't have come off your trailer, but surely would have swung out and hit a car and if not, would have definately bent the shaft. But fallen out? Conditions must have been JUST right!

I left my Lesco blower sitting on top of my trailer tounge tool box. Pulled out of my Driveway and saw it skidding across the road in my mirror! :eek:

Pulled up, put my 4 ways on and walked back and got it. This was 5 years ago. I've since sold it but he is still using it and it works fine!

Now I have a morning ritual. Like a pilots preflight check. Saves me from doing stupid things.

jrodgers
06-21-2003, 09:23 PM
I do have the green expensive ones with the pins. I am considering the trimmer traps because it has happened before and it is easy to do (leaving the pins out). These racks were like $200 or something like that, I also have one for the blowers and water jug. I have to do something cant keep losing things. Nine years of business and that is all I lost so thats not that bad, but anything lost is not good either. Is there a web site for the Trimmer Trap?

cos
06-21-2003, 09:47 PM
I lost a wheel barrel once. Just threw it on top of the mulch. Never did think the thing would blow out on interstate 95 (DUH). It was a freebee, but still went back to look for it. I now look around one good last time before i put the key in the ignition and secure everything before even leaving any site.. :rolleyes:

LA LAWNS
06-21-2003, 11:50 PM
once I made a left hand corner and saw an edger pass me on the road. this edger was going about 25 to 30 miles per hour. after realizing it was mine, i realized that it bounced right out my trailer when i hit a hole in that last corner. I followed the edger for a few blocks and waited for it to pull over...
LA LAWNS

Jason Pallas
06-21-2003, 11:57 PM
Are you kidding - with the roads around here - I've lost and run over (my own eqiupment) so much that I could outfit at least two crews! Just last week a crushed a shindaiwa blower under the trailer - that took 2 days of epoxy and gorilla glue work to get back to working order. Just the thought of all the lost and run over equipment we've lost makes me want to puke.

Lawn DOG
06-22-2003, 12:08 AM
Had a Earthway speader bounce out the back of our truck. It landed in the ditch and waited for the traffic going the other way to stop so we could get it. A guy pulled over while we watched and threw our spreader in his truck and just took off. We got his license plate and called the cops. They actually got our spreader back.

mtdman
06-22-2003, 12:08 AM
What's a trimmer trap?

I put most of my non-mower stuff in the back of my truck. The only thing I've lost (so far) is an assortment of trash flying out the back end.

:D

TLS
06-22-2003, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by mtdmaster
What's a trimmer trap?

:D
http://www.trimmertrap.com/TBRacks/tt2front.jpg

DLCS
06-22-2003, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by LA LAWNS
once I made a left hand corner and saw an edger pass me on the road. this edger was going about 25 to 30 miles per hour. after realizing it was mine, i realized that it bounced right out my trailer when i hit a hole in that last corner. I followed the edger for a few blocks and waited for it to pull over...
LA LAWNS

LMAO:p

gogetter
06-22-2003, 02:03 AM
Crud, now they're even cheaper then when I got mine!, $69 for a 3 trimmer holder.

https://secure1.samnet.net/precoparts/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=1015&CFID=205350&CFTOKEN=19261940

Incase link doesn't work, it's Preco Distributors Inc.

jeffex
06-22-2003, 08:31 AM
And you got robbed on the price of the t231 I got another one yesterday for $259 + tax. This time they have a heat shield to cover muffler. Sorry about your bad luck though. wait for the pendulum to swing back some good luck!

jrodgers
06-23-2003, 10:59 PM
Is that trimmer rack the same as the Trimmer Trap?

finishline
06-24-2003, 10:47 PM
Wonder-hubby came home one day last fall, and I happened to glance at his trailer and (stupidly) ask, where are your push mowers? Yep, he'd lost 2 of them. Went back to look, looooong gone.
A few weeks ago, I happened again to look out at his truck that he'd parked in our rather steep driveway, only to see it roll down the driveway, across the street and through the neighbors garage door and out the side of the garage.
I think he has a problem.

Mrs. Finishline

GREATSCAPE
06-25-2003, 12:41 AM
:blob2: You guys are lucky! I lost a entire trailer full of like-new Hustler mowers. 1-72" Super Z, 1-60" Super Z, and 2 Hustler walk behinds. If anyone finds them please let me know. I know I left the trailer hooked to the truck (lol) but I can' find them anywhere. Since I haven't drank or used drugs in years I can only guess they were stolen! Missing from Franklin, Indiana since 6/22/2003. Please keep an eye out, the low-life that re-appropriated them for me will get careless or lazy sooner or later!
Thanks

brucec32
06-25-2003, 12:50 AM
Lost a $350 blower that was about a year old. got caught in the rain and loaded up quick and didn't secure it properly and when I got home it was gone. The silver lining was I upgraded to a more powerful blower that I never would have if I had the old one.

gogetter
06-25-2003, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by jrodgers
Is that trimmer rack the same as the Trimmer Trap?

Yes, as far as I can tell by TT's pictures, these are the same as their lower priced model (I think it's called the TT1 model?).
I have no complaints about mine so far. And at the new lower price, they are even more of a good deal.