PDA

View Full Version : My First Z Turn - Lazer HP

Darryl G
06-20-2003, 11:29 PM
I picked up my new Exmark 52 Lazer HP this afternoon. It's got the 23 Kawi engine.

I started out just looking for a back-up for my Turf Tracer and got a little carried away. Now the TT is the back-up.

I was going to wait until leaf clean-up season, but with all the heavy growth lately and picking up some more lawns, I've been having a hard time getting free from mowing enough to do other work. I only mow on Wed thru Fri and reserve Mon and Tues for landscaping, hedges, etc. Sat is for catch up and sales calls. With the weather we've had lately, my schedule is so screwed up now that it would be a stretch to even call it a schedule.

My initial impression is that the machine is awesome. I can't say I saved any time over my TT on the two lawns I mowed with it today, but as a new operator I was taking it easy whereas I'm usually running the TT pretty hard.

I will say that it cuts WAY better than the TT. I actually laid down some stripes, and I wasn't even trying! Way easier to go straight too. Other than a couple of minor scuffs, I didn't even rip up the lawns.

I think me and the Exmark are going to get along just fine.

LAWNGODFATHER
06-21-2003, 12:17 AM
Good luck, your body will love it.

I got stuck on a WB all day, man am I soar.

Darryl G
06-21-2003, 12:46 AM
LGF - Thanks. Yeah, it sure seems easier on the body. Easy enough that my wife could operate it if necessary. She doesn't have the hand strength to operate my WB, even though it's hydro and ECS.

Mark P
06-21-2003, 02:02 AM
:)Congrats, bet you feel like a little guy with a new toy, hope it treats your well, if its been wet up there don't put the mulch kit on yet, i was bragging to my wife about these exmarks fellows that cut a apt complex i told he they do great work almost as good as mine, we went by and clump city they had there mulch kits on and just left the clumps laying there....Im sure the next time i go past um they will be side discharging......Marks Mowing Service

John Gamba
06-21-2003, 08:00 AM
Great New's, Darryl Do you Have a TT Or TTHP?
John.

Strawbridge Lawn
06-21-2003, 09:01 AM
Congrats, I love mine goin on 3 years now. It WILL save you time once you get used to it. It is a great mulching machine.

Darryl G
06-21-2003, 09:18 AM
John - TT HP (sorry, didn't mean to mislead), which I thought I liked...until I tried the Lazer.;)

Now I just need to come up with the cash for some accessories (Ultra Vac, mulch kit, OCDC and tach) and I'll be all set.

It looks like my Accelerator bagger will fit if I take the discharge chute off...doesn't quite fit with it on.

Navig8r
06-21-2003, 11:35 AM
Good Luck with the Lazer...... I got mine last year and I love it....
I do find that I get some clumping with all this heavy growth, so I'm running doubles right now to minimize that (Gators over High-Lifts). When "normal" growth resumes, I'll go back to the singles.........cuts better with singles in regular growth.... actually it cuts just AWESOME with singles when grass isnt too tall and always wet.... like the last 4 weeks :(

Think hard how much you'll use the Ultra-Vac before you invest. I got mine last year, and I find the only productive use other than bagging grass, which I rarely do, is for a final "sweep" after using the blowers for leaf cleanups. It just fills up way too fast to use as a primay means of leaf clenup. It puts a nice finish on a cleanup job, but I think a mulch kit could achieve the same result........... gonna try this year, and if it works, I may sell the U-V, not really sure yet.