PDA

View Full Version : Think you have rain?

nelbuts
06-20-2003, 11:24 PM
This is in the past 24 hours. Right now we are getting it at the rate of 1.5" per hour. We had 6" by Wed. and then the totals you see here are since Thursday morning.

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/radar/images/DS.80stp/SI.ktbw/latest.gif

Duncan Lawn Care
06-20-2003, 11:35 PM
Much more of that and we'll be down to 49 states!!! Send some my way if you can. I just herd a clap of thunder, it's already working.:D

ElephantNest
06-21-2003, 11:03 AM
We had 6" in ONE hour last week! Yup, six inches.

mowerman90
06-21-2003, 02:58 PM
I'm 2 counties up from Tampa on the map, in an area that got over 12" since Wednesday. Now, for the good news, the ground has absorbed it all and we have no standing water on our lawns. That's one of the things that amazes me about Florida. It can rain 1 -2 inches in an hour and 15 minutes after it stops we can continue to mow without leaving ruts. Gotta love this sandy soil.

nelbuts
06-21-2003, 07:15 PM
Well here is an update for you. Since I posted that last night we have had another 12" of rain and it is raining at about 1.5" per hour right now. As far as absorbing the water, what planet named FL are you on? We have flooded roads everywhere including interstate 75. If you are north of Tampa then you have some hills for it to run off. Here our land is flat and on the coast. Expecting another 6" + tonight with more tomorrow. My son is in a swim meet in Sarasota nad we may have to take the truck to get out as all roads are flooded. Should have taken a pic but just got home and don't feel like it. BTW the Ocala area is a far cry from Southwest FL when it comes to soil.

IrishHank
06-21-2003, 07:46 PM
I have a rain guage in my yard. Since yesterday at 6:00 PM we have ha 7" of rain. I mowed all morning in the rain just rying to catch up. If it was not raining I would probably be complaining as well. Can't win!

David Haggerty
06-21-2003, 08:03 PM
Is it upgrading? Is that possible? You just cut and pasted a picture didn't you? Heck I wouldn't know the difference.

I was staring at your map because my daughter and her family live in Cape Coral. I guess they can lift the ban on watering lawns now!:rolleyes:

She works in Naples. She's a masseuse at the Ritz Carlton. She earns more than me, and has to beg for time off! I need a job like that. :D

Dave

nelbuts
06-21-2003, 09:27 PM
No I did not attach the updating one. The Cape hasn't had quite as much rain as we have in Charlotte County but it is close. Funny about the Ritz. My wife's cousin was a chef there until he took a teaching position. I know what you mean about the money. good thing most of it is in tips for her. The wait staff really rake it in. Oh and it is still raining here.

Floridalandcare
06-21-2003, 10:07 PM
I'm feeling your pain brother, no scratch that (I'm swimming in it)