PDA

View Full Version : What are they thinking???

deere ZTR
06-21-2003, 03:13 PM
This is a good one. This landscape supply joint just open up here in the last year or less or moved to their current location anyway in a town about 10 miles away. So I'm checking out their web site seeing what they have and I see they have some stuff that I'm interested in and priced fairly reasonable. They carry walker mowers and Dixie Choppers and Boss Plows pretty much everything based around the business. So I'm all ready to haul *** over there to buy a few things when I come across the service part of the web site and I find that they do landscape service and installation. Why would I buy my equipment and support products from my competition???
What do you guys think?

LAWNGODFATHER
06-21-2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by deere ZTR
I find that they do landscape service and installation. Why would I buy my equipment and support products from my competition???
What do you guys think?

I wouldn't, that's why I don't buy from them.

John Allin
06-21-2003, 05:57 PM
I can think of a few reasons.....

Sometimes the "competition" knows what you're going through when your equipment breaks down and will go the extra mile to get you up and running quickly.....

It's rare that the guy running that dealership would have any interest in taking business away from you - but more interested in providing good service and pricing, knowing what might be available "down the street" - especially if it isn't good 'over there'....

If the pricing is competitive and the products offered are better than 'over there', it might be in your own best interest to consider buying the best products for the right job.....

Personally, I don't care what "the other guy" is doing in my market as long as he doesn't target me, lowball the price through ignorance of his/her costs, or present a bad image of our profession or industry.....