PDA

View Full Version : Customer decides whats fair

Mike (MLC)
06-21-2003, 04:56 PM
I was looking in our local online classifieds today and came across this ad:

****** You Set The Price:Lawn Care Service *******
I am looking for a few yards to mow on the weekends and in the evenings. I have a full time office job and need a little extra money and the exercise. I will do it for what YOU THINK IT IS WORTH! No need to ask for an estimate, just ask me to come mow it. Thank You! (***)***-**** Curtis

I don't know about anyone else, but if I asked my customers to come up with their own price, I would probably end up making about $5.00 a yard!!!!! There is only a few people in this world that would probably give you a reasonable price, everyone else wants their yard done for practically free. I am just starting to "love?!?" :nono: the new competition.

rodfather
06-21-2003, 06:02 PM
That ad doesn't surprise me one bit...in fact, I know someone exactly like that who does the same thing.

T.E.
06-21-2003, 06:31 PM
It takes all kinds in this world unfortunately these people don't have a clue. There was this ad in the service directory of the Tulsa World 6/21/03 NAME YOUR OWN PRICE ! talk about ignorance.This section of the newspaper allready has credibility problems , based on what my own customers have toldme :dizzy:

tiedeman
06-21-2003, 06:54 PM
whoever responds to that type of ad deserves that type of lawn care.