PDA

View Full Version : Cheap backpack blower at lowes

Tbarchaser
06-21-2003, 05:39 PM
I was at lowes and found a decent b/p blower. If there are any startup/part-timers still using hand helds this looks like a cheap option. not bad for 160 bucks they also have huskys for 299.00
http://www.lowes.com/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=171525-000027620-MB3202

BobR
06-21-2003, 09:36 PM
remember you get what you pay for.. Discount stores do not handle the higher end products that are usually requested by LCO's
BobR

LAWNGODFATHER
06-21-2003, 10:32 PM
Time is money and a $160 blower is not going to save you time blowing.

Jason Pallas
06-21-2003, 10:40 PM
I agee with the Godfather - just compare the difference between the old Redmax EB431 and the newer EB 7000. The old Eb 431 used to be the standard and it was priced around $300-350. Just go try the EB 700 and you'll realize that the additional $200-250 in price will well be worth it in the job it does and the time it saves you. A $160 blower is great for homeowners but if you're in this for real - look at the professional equipment. It's far and away a better choice.

Tbarchaser
06-21-2003, 11:07 PM
I understand where you are coming from, but some of us started on a really tight budget! I did not buy one but I thought for 160 bucks when you are still using a broom its not a bad deal. I know you didn't start out with 30k worth of equipment!

I personally use a br340 and 420 but I had some money to invest.
If I was broke and starting out....it would be a option.

pottstim
06-21-2003, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Tbarchaser
I understand where you are coming from, but some of us started on a really tight budget! I did not buy one but I thought for 160 bucks when you are still using a broom its not a bad deal. I know you didn't start out with 30k worth of equipment!

Very true Tbar. I say buy what you can afford at the time. Use the equipment sensibly and keep up the maintenance on them. I'm just starting out myself, and of course I have a limited amount of cash. My first two priorities were to buy myself a good commercial-grade mower and a quality built trailer. I've accomplished those goals, and right now I am making due with my Poulan blower and my Murray push mower for trimming. They are doing a good job for me, I can't complain. Next year when my cash supply is built back up, I will opt for either a Red Max or Shindaiwa blower. Best of luck to you.

LAWNGODFATHER
06-21-2003, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Tbarchaser
I had that $30k option, but I went from mowing for extra money with a Toro Graundsmaster 117 ryan trimmer, and greenmachine gas blower to $30k real quick when I decided to really pursue lawncare.

It is better than a broom, but why waste the $160.

geogunn
06-22-2003, 12:54 AM
I haven't even clicked on the link but I am here to say don't do it!

you'll be sorry if you buy it!

get a good blower!

GEO

65hoss
06-22-2003, 01:23 AM
The others are right. Time is money and a homeowner blower isn't making you much money. BUY it once. Don't continue to throw money after money on equipment. Get the right thing the first time. No, it doesn't have to be a Redmax 7000, but you should get a good comm'l piece. One of the biggest mistakes I made and many others here have made is wasting money on stupid equipment purchases. Don't it right the first time.

Rustic Goat
06-22-2003, 05:29 AM
Now don't go encouraging these young start ups to buy bargain equipment. They'll think they can charge even less to do work, we want them to have a real feel for expenses.

It doesn't help the industry image either.

65hoss
06-22-2003, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by 65hoss
The others are right. Time is money and a homeowner blower isn't making you much money. BUY it once. Don't continue to throw money after money on equipment. Get the right thing the first time. No, it doesn't have to be a Redmax 7000, but you should get a good comm'l piece. One of the biggest mistakes I made and many others here have made is wasting money on stupid equipment purchases. Don't it right the first time.

I mean Do it right the first time.:angel: