View Full Version : Are ponds the next big thing

Port City Lawncare
06-21-2003, 07:39 PM
Now that I've started my personal LCO, I'm trying to think of a certain part of the industry to make my specialty.

Question- for those of you who are skilled in design and installation, have you found this aspect of the industry profitable and easy to market?

06-21-2003, 10:14 PM
what i would suggest is that you gain knowledge in the aquascape field and be able to build a water garden/pond if someone offers one. Build one for yourself and if all goes well and you think you can take it on add that to your list of services.

06-22-2003, 04:12 PM
Definatley look into Aquascape Designs. If you know absolutely nothing about watergardening, they'll change that quickly.

Profitable? Yes! How much depends one you expences.

I've only put in one. I did no advertising, or any promoting. They came to me because they "heard" I knew about them.

The only real experience I had with ponds prior to this one was a Build-a Pond Day and the 'Pond Builders Bible' from Aquascape Designs.

It sounds like you are wanting to do what I'm starting to plan for next season. I would like to get into them this season more, but with mowing, it's not practical right now.

Check out my post '1st pond' a few down.

Port City Lawncare
06-22-2003, 06:39 PM
I'll be swamped with mowing as of the 1st of July. Right now I couldn't be happier with business, it seems like everything's going just right. We're adding a clean-up per week, and most of those are so impressed they've asked for a maintenance contract.

The Aqua-Gardening looks interesting and profitable, with interesting being the key word. Profit's just a given in a scenario where you're doing work you enjoy.

The Lawn Boy Pro
06-23-2003, 12:03 PM
Get the Aquascape Pond BIBLE!!! Its got everything! its like every alphabet from greek & hebrew to english about how to build and coustomize landscape for the PERFECT biological pond.