PDA

View Full Version : MTD PRo

bobac
06-21-2003, 09:10 PM
Do any of you guys know anything about the MTD Pro walkbehind mowers. I have a chance to buy won with 20 hours on it and it have a 52" deck, all for 2300.

rcav8er
06-21-2003, 09:45 PM
Doesn't sound bad, It's the same mower as Lesco. Both are built by the same basic company. I've also been looking for a W/B abd 2300.00 sounds real good.

Good Luck!

pottstim
06-21-2003, 10:13 PM
I guess that price sounds about fair. You might try and offer $2,000 and just see what happens. Just for comparison, two weeks ago I bought a Toro Proline 48" belt drive 15 hp Kawasaki walkbehind brand new for $2,795. MTD Pro's are ok I guess. I've just never been a very big fan of their products. I'm mainly talking about their residential mowers, like the Yard Machines, Yardman, etc. The dealer I bought my new Toro through carries MTD Pro, Cub Cadet, Toro, and White Outdoor. I took a quick glance at the MTD Pro's but really didn't give them much consideration. From what I saw, they were around $300 or so less than comparable Toro models. But, that really wasn't enough to sway my decision. Best of luck in whatever you decide to do.