PDA

View Full Version : Demo is leading to purchase!

Esby
06-21-2003, 09:18 PM
I took out a new Lazer Z 60" with the 27hp Kohler engine. I currently have a 2001 Exmark with just over 700 hours. I wasn't really planning on getting another one when I demoed, but the machine impressed me to where I can see myself buying it. Does anyone else run this model with the 27hp Kohler?? When I bought my 2001 I demoed a 60"/25hp Kohler. It didn't have enough power for my liking so I went with the 23hp Kaw and a 52" deck. It has been close to problem free so far. Here is a picture of the machine I tried out Its the Lazer towards the rear of the trailer.

Esby
06-21-2003, 09:21 PM
Another picture

Albemarle Lawn
06-21-2003, 11:18 PM
It's that sweet aluminum TRAILER that impresses me!

That thing must be so light you can wheel it around with one hand unloaded!

Where did you get it and how much $ ???

It's wild to see 2 ZTR's on a single-axle trailer.

Does it have brakes?

By the way, if there is a 25HP Kawasaki option, and it is cheaper than the 27 Kohler, that would be your best bet. I have 25 Kohlers, a 25 Kawasaki, and 27 Kohlers. The Kawasaki 25 is rated at about the same torque as the 27 Kohler but realistically it has more power. The 27 Kohler is just the dreaded Kohler 25 with a different cam and a plastic composite (versus aluminum) intake runner.

KB

Esby
06-22-2003, 11:12 AM
I just bought it this spring from Paul's Small Engines here in Alexandria, MN. He is my dealer for everything else as well, great service:D The trailer is a 6.5x12' with a GVWR of 3000#. It is really really light. I can easily move it around with one hand. Paid $1,850 for it, which I know is spendy, but I just had to have it. Check out this post if you would like to see some more pictures:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44596

Does anyone else have any opinions on the 27hp Kohler??