PDA

View Full Version : How do you price a renewal contract??

KenH
06-21-2003, 09:24 PM
I am doing a condo for the first time this year. They want me back next season. Is there a certain percentage the contract price should be raised?? What is the cost of living increase?? 3%?? Thanks

Ken

LAWNGODFATHER
06-21-2003, 10:30 PM
I would lock them if with the same price for the 2 years, then if you can get another year add the 3% on then.

MCGRAIL LAWN
06-22-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by LAWNGODFATHER
I would lock them if with the same price for the 2 years, then if you can get another year add the 3% on then.

I agree that is what we do.
We offerr a 1 year contact to start then at renewal time we offer them a 2 year contract at the same price per year.

At the next renewal (they have now been a customer for 3 years with out a price increase) we jack it up 3-5%.

Also dont forget about our $2.00 a gallon gas prices. I 2 years it might be $3.00 a gallon. So we addeda gas surcharge option (Just like UPS did). Contract says we may add up to a 3% gas surcharge if needed.

KenH
06-22-2003, 04:55 PM
Im not sure if I can justify not raising my price AT ALL next year. After all, my insurance will go up, as well as other incidentials. I think the 3% sounds good per year.