PDA

View Full Version : thinking of trading new gravely only after one month

just grass
06-22-2003, 12:16 AM
i bought a gravely 15hp with 36 inch deck, after having for one month and only cutting 3 yards 4 times, i was trimming around a bush and the limb push down the wires through the deck causing the the wireing harness to get caught on the belt pulley causing the mower to smoke and cause the blade to shut down. well after geeting the wiring harness out of the pulley and restarting the mower it works great but i have a concern that after paying 2300.00 for this mower that a simple bush can put it out of comission. so i have been thinking of taking it back to trade it for a Scag. any advice has anyone ever been faced with a situation like this?:o

Albemarle Lawn
06-22-2003, 12:53 AM
2000 F-150: Lose that light duty junk get a bowtie 3/4 ton
12 ft customize trailer: keep it never sell it.
36 in gravely 15 hp kawa: Great mower, zip-ties will secure wires
stihl fs 80r trimmer: get Redmax
stihl fc 75 edger: get Redmax
stihl br340 blower: Lose that awful junk get a Redmax EB7001.

:sleeping:

just grass
06-22-2003, 03:21 AM
my posting was only for the gravely mower not my other equipment, my replacement equipment will be red max, but i put myself on a budget so i went with stihl. thanks for the reply.

Rustic Goat
06-22-2003, 05:46 AM
But that's getting into 'which do you like best' territory. If your machine is that new, take it back to the dealer before waiting any longer, if for no other reason than to have things checked out.

Does seem like manufacturer would have thought to tie down any protruding wiring.

Then again, it's not a bush hog.

fatboy5803
06-22-2003, 08:37 AM
If its working fine now why trade ?? You could lose money by doing a trade.. I have a Scag 36" hydro and real happy with it, But in order for me to trade it in I'd have to get what I paid for it.
If its working good now give it another chance, Or go talk to your dealer..... Hope this Helps.....

Lou :cool:

just grass
06-22-2003, 01:11 PM
thanks rustic goat for the reply.