PDA

View Full Version : Lazer Wheelie Wheels...?

Brieldo
06-22-2003, 06:43 PM
Guys,
All of you with Lazers know how that 90 degree angle support structure comes down from the rear of hte machine and bolts right underneath where the mule drive pullies are.? Well, I was thinking...why not put some wheels there, small, rubber if possible, to keep from gouging the turf when you back down a steep hill or when coming off the trailer at an extreme angle, etc. What are your thoughts on that? Anybody done it before?

longviewlawncare
06-22-2003, 06:52 PM
look at the back of a huslter. The Super Z i demoed hade small plastic rollers on the back for just this such occassion i guess. I think it is a hgood idea

Potchkins
12-17-2003, 11:51 PM
anyone ever do this?

troblandscape
12-18-2003, 12:19 AM
sounds like a good idea

Runner
12-18-2003, 12:33 AM
Actually, what would work about the best, would be like the anti-scalp rollers from the Lazer's deck. Just like the two you removed when you put your striping roller on. This MAY help a bit in ditch situations.

Phishook
12-18-2003, 02:08 AM
Maybe someone with a Hustler could say if their's have helped.

bayfish
12-18-2003, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by Phishook
Maybe someone with a Hustler could say if their's have helped.

The wheels on the back of the Hustler do help. My trailer has the 4 ft. ramp, and a firm suspension, which causes a steep pitch. They touch the road often which keeps the hitch from hitting the road.

DennisF
12-18-2003, 08:17 AM
I have a Hustler Z and it has the anti-wheelie wheels. They prevent the rear of the mower from dragging on steep inclines. It shouldn't be to hard to adapt a set of these to another brand of mower. Positioning them at the right height so that they contact the turf before the rear of the mower frame does, would be the only critical part of the installation.

TLS
12-19-2003, 11:12 AM
I'd like to cut those bars and weld in ones on a 45 degree angle. When I first got my Lazer I was getting hung up all over the place. My old DC had WAY more rear clearance than the Lazer.

While I know how to avoid this, I doubt adding wheels would help. They still would need to be cut and angled like I stated above. Problem is, exmark uses those two bars to prevent rollovers.

Mine hit EVERY time I back off my trailer. I figure I'll need to do something soon, as their wearing at the tips anyways.

STAN1366
12-19-2003, 05:11 PM
What about adding a narrower stripping roller instead of wheels to the rear. 2 small wheels might cause rutsor gouging anyway, but a stripping roller would spread the load out more. I believe there was a thread some time back about how to make your own stripping roller.

thfireman
12-19-2003, 09:22 PM
I have a Wright Sentar and they have 2 hard plastic wheelie rollers on the back. It helps a great deal with preventing gouging in ditches and unloadind. :)

brucec32
02-01-2004, 10:11 PM
Incredible idea! I have "run aground" more than once when the tail of my lazer Z hp drags coming off steep slopes or ramps. This should be standard equipment.

Now I have to figure out how to get them put on my mower.