PDA

View Full Version : How behind are you???

General Grounds
06-22-2003, 07:46 PM
:blob3: just curious to how behind everybody is here in the north, im like 3 days behind on maint. and weeks with landscapes and trimming, just tryin to make myself feel better about being behind.:( tony

mtdman
06-22-2003, 07:52 PM
I have 8 lawns left to cut from last week. Then I'll start over and keep going until they are all done again. Last week I made the mistake of believing the weatherman when he said on Sun all week without rain. I took Mon off and Tues it rained all day, and some of Thurs morn. But it has been warm and dry lately, with more of the same forecast for the week, so hopefully I can get back on track. I just hope the warm weather doesn't mean the end of rain totally for a while. It seems like the last couple o' years it's been feast or famine, no in between.

And don't even get me started on my schedule. That went out the window weeks ago. I just start at one end of town and mow through to the other, no real schedule. Hopefully I can get back this week.

:dizzy:

jsaunders
06-22-2003, 08:01 PM
I'm not behind at all. Thank god it is my off year for doing mulch-I usually mulch every other year. We did put in a 15 hrs day mowing 29 jobs on Thursday, we were only able to mow 5 on Wed. I was pretty bummed out wed. because the forcasters(guessers) said rain for the rest of the week!

bobbygedd
06-22-2003, 08:38 PM
missed 25 lawns last week, and lots of trimming and a landscape project. started out good in the beginning of the week, strong, but when the mowers started sinking in the mudd and damaging properties, it was not good. its so much easier to cut high dry grass than it is to cut normal wet grass. trying to get back on track this week, but we had about an hour worth of rain today too

Lawn-Scapes
06-22-2003, 08:55 PM
I'm 2 or 3 lawns behind from Friday. About two weeks on side jobs. Looks like a break from the rain this week (fingers crossed) :rolleyes:

Turfdude
06-22-2003, 09:04 PM
General,

WE got all but 6 or so mowed last week. Of them 4 are under 2500 sq. ft - so no biggie and the other 2 were under 4" or so of water - not mowable!

We still have some mulching to do, at least 3 small installs this week and have done less than 5 prunings. All of my friendly cometitors around here are waaaaaaaaaaaaay behind too. Hopefully there will be lots of sun this week (at least that is this weeks "long range forecast" for now). :alien:

David Haggerty
06-22-2003, 09:53 PM
I made the mistake of graduating some lawns from a 5 to a 7day schedule. Wrong! Now I'm trapped into a 7 day schedule for another cycle. I hope they don't get too bad before I can get them back under control.
Dave

roscioli
06-22-2003, 11:51 PM
I am not all that behind on my lawns right now.... only 3/30 need it, but its supposed to rain tomorrow, be nice tues wed thurs, and rain fri. That would put me back 2 complete days again. Side jobs are a different story, I have stopped picking up new work because I will be out of the business before july 4, but I haven't gotten to 4 jobs that i bid this spring, and can't yet. I am too afraid to fall behind on mowing. I would rather piss off 4 small job people than 30 lawn mowing customers. By small jobs I mean replace a shrub, add a little mulch bed, extend a lawn, nothing too important (to me anyway). It looks like the buyer of my business will be the one to do these small jobs.

Richard Martin
06-23-2003, 04:23 AM
I didn't get to 2 on Friday. Other than that I'm good to go.

rodfather
06-23-2003, 05:56 AM
Missed 7 on Friday due to the heavy downpours. Way behind on maintenance and mulch work.

KenH
06-23-2003, 06:20 AM
On schedule for lawns, other work forget about it. I have been spending all my time time cutting.:(

Rhett
06-23-2003, 08:31 AM
Missed only one cut last week do to it being under water. As far as hedge trimming and other maintenance about a week behind

Gravely_Man
06-23-2003, 09:39 AM
I missed a few on Friday but today is nice so hopefully I will get everything caught back up and be all right. This constant rain makes cutting a challenge.

Gravely_Man

Phishook
06-23-2003, 10:05 AM
1 hr. 10 min. It felt good to sleep in.