PDA

View Full Version : need advice about going full time

cntryboymc
06-23-2003, 12:22 AM
i need some advice please!im 23, employed as an auto mechanic at a ford dealer,and i mow,plow,etc. on the side.i started mowing as a school job in 1993 and continued on until college(tech school) in 1997.i got back into this on the side in 1999.ive been considering taking the plunge and doing this full time since i find the work more enjoyable and lucrative.im single and live at home so family is not an issue right now.anyone been faced with this dilemma?how do you run a business like this to be profitable enough to live on?what about health,liability,and medical insurances?what should be considered for income taxes?these are the big questions i have right now.this is my equipment:jd 737 ztr,jd 345 tractor,jd 14sb walkbehind,jd 21c stringtrimmer,,stihl br420c blower,stihl hs 75 hedge trimmer,other various stihl and homelite chainsaws,cub cadet chipper/shredder/vac,6'6"x 12' trailer,and a 1995 chevy k2500 with a 8'diamond plow.is my equipment good enough to be run everyday?what should be upgraded?any thoughts would be appreciated!