PDA

View Full Version : Supply Yards-How many guys have em in their yards?

The Lawn Boy Pro
06-23-2003, 12:26 PM
How many of you have supply "yards" in your back yard? Such as mulch, gravel, shrubs, other landscape materials, project mowers/trucks, etc. ?

I know a guy that lives next door to my grandparents that owns a really big lawn care/landscape buisness. I think hes name is Chris. The name is Grandview Landscaping, and I've been meaning to tell him about lawnsite, but I keep forgetting to. Hes a great guy, and has been in the biz for quite some years, kinda like LGF. Maybe some of the other guys here in Michigan have seen him before?

Richard Martin
06-23-2003, 05:11 PM
It's not legal to run a business from residentially zoned land in my county. If one of my neighbors got fussy and complained the county could prevent me from parking my trailer and equipment on my own land. Any kind of stock yard would quickly draw fines and court dates. We're also not allowed to park any vehicles over 3/4 ton in residential and any vehicles on private or public property must be legally registered. Storage containers, skid steers, farm tractors etc are also prohibited on residentially zoned property.

So to answer your question...

No.

kris
06-23-2003, 05:33 PM
We do.

The Lawn Boy Pro
06-23-2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Richard Martin
It's not legal to run a business from residentially zoned land in my county. If one of my neighbors got fussy and complained the county could prevent me from parking my trailer and equipment on my own land. Any kind of stock yard would quickly draw fines and court dates. We're also not allowed to park any vehicles over 3/4 ton in residential and any vehicles on private or public property must be legally registered. Storage containers, skid steers, farm tractors etc are also prohibited on residentially zoned property.

So to answer your question...

No.
Thats why I said this guy is nice. Hes NOT supposed to, but he does. Hes very neat, keeps his stuff fenced in his backyard behind gates, and kepes his front yard immaculiate. Anyones lawn that needs to be mowed in the neighborhood, he does for free (ie.-On vacation, etc.) so NO one complains. He only uses his equip. from 10-6 (on weekdays only) I think so no one really has a reason to get mad at him, unless they're nitpicky.