PDA

View Full Version : My Mowing Rig

Darryl G
06-23-2003, 08:42 PM
I finially got a photo of my mowing rig put together rather than in pieces, and I finially filled that spot on the trailer that was reserved for a Lazer Z.

Darryl G
06-23-2003, 08:45 PM
Another

Darryl G
06-23-2003, 08:46 PM
Here's where the handhelds and other stuff is.

Darryl G
06-23-2003, 08:49 PM
The lazer on the job.

jsaunders
06-23-2003, 09:04 PM
Nice stuff! BUT come on, can't you get that 'new' Chevy dirty with alittle grass. If not look into a f350:D J/K
Why did you get the 52 instead of the 60? I'm piching up a 60 with the efi 26 hp kohler tuesday night to demo for a couple of days from the local (45 mins 1 way ) Exmark dealer.I can't wait to try it on my lawns. I've already tried the Kubota ZD, Ferris IS3000, and after the Exmark I will demo a Super Z. CHOICES, CHOICES. Joel

Darryl G
06-23-2003, 09:15 PM
The new Chevy is the spare for now. I just use it for sales calls, the heavy towing and an occassional small job. That way I can keep the old one loaded and hitched. Besides, it needs a tool box, bedliner and steps and if I start driving it as my daily lawn service vehicle, the old one will just rot to death.

I went with the 52 for a number of reasons: maneuverability, the 60 would be super tight on my trailer with the UV system on, my storage space is limited, and my wife will find it less intimidating if she needs to operate it. I'm only a one man show, and so far the 52 is working out perfectly.

DaveVB
06-23-2003, 09:22 PM
Be sure to keep them things tightened up. Lock tite or something. I have thrown the middle two around 100' when they come off. They throw better than anything so far. I asked the Toro dealer why they don't put lock nuts on them or something. He gave me a pat answer I could tell wasn't going to answer my question so I dropped it. If as he suggested I check them often, why wouldn't I put lock nuts or loctite on them? They seldom do anything anyway, so haven't seen a need to replace them yet.
Had a good soaker here in KC today so looking forward to 4-6hours on the Z-master tomorrow. Then I will work on the weedeating.

edward hedrick
06-24-2003, 09:52 PM
John: my daughter and I have the same opinion onthe Lazer HP.

We demoed both at Schmidts field day. I found the Lazer 60

blows hot air back at the operator. The HP does not. Also hp

is lower. I bought a Walker instead. About the same price.ED

mike9497
06-25-2003, 05:54 PM
i love my two lazers.the new one has a 27 hp kohler which sucks and yes they do blow hot air on you but thats part of the job.it doesn't bother me.

darryl: nice trailer bud.i wish if the front rails on my trailers were lower like yours.

Darryl G
06-25-2003, 09:04 PM
Mike - Nice Exmark lineup. Good luck with the new one.

Yeah, I like the trailer too. The Z scrapes the front rail ever so slightly, but it allows me to get the WB on frontwards with the bullrider attached. It also hauls my JD 855 fine but I'm sure I'm a little over gross (2900 lbs) with the loader and rake on. I won't haul it with the backhoe on.

Now I need brakes on it.

I can sure tell the difference in my old chevy trying to haul it. Slows her down a good bit.

LAWNGODFATHER
06-25-2003, 09:56 PM
All them red mowers look good.................

mike9497
06-25-2003, 10:52 PM
yeah darryl the trailer in the pick is rated for 3500.my 16 ft is rated for 8000.so i get one Z on that 12ft trailer with a trim mower then the rest goes on the 16 ft.sometimes i turn the bullrider upside down and i put the tthp and one lazer with a trim mower on the 12ft.but no way can i put my UV on with that setup.my UV and one Z will fit on that 12ft and thats it.good luck with the Z hp.wish i had that engine.this kohler 27 hp is junk.takes forever to start back fires.when you shut it down it keeps running for a few secs,but while mowing it works just as good as my lazer with the 23 hp kawi.hope exmark tells kawi to bring back the 23 hp for the full size ZTR

greenman
06-25-2003, 10:54 PM
Darryll, bout time for a bigger trailer with racks, right?:D Nice setup you have.

Envy Lawn Service
06-26-2003, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by greenman
Darryll, bout time for a bigger trailer with racks, right?:D Nice setup you have.

I agree with all that's said! Maybe a 6.5x16 is next up?

Gravely_Man
06-26-2003, 10:37 AM
Darryl, there is a lot of red on that trailer but it all looks great! Glad to hear that you are happy with the 52". Thank you for sharing the pictures.

Gravely_Man