PDA

View Full Version : lesco ztr cutting uneven

quikag
06-23-2003, 08:58 PM
I have a fairly new lesco 60" z two.....has only about 130 hours. The blade on the right side of the mower seems to be cutting about 1/4 inch higher than the other two blades. This is really noticeable in tall grass and not noticeable at all in shorter grass. Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this and how I can make any adjustments. Thank you very much for your help.

quikag
06-24-2003, 04:09 PM
anybody???

Ferdelance
06-24-2003, 04:43 PM
Have you checked the spacers on the spindles to make sure there are equal amount of spacers on each spindle.

Rustic Goat
06-24-2003, 10:13 PM
Compare both sides for same tire inflation.
For that matter, have you done any tire swapping lately? Make sure both are the same size/profile/brand, check tread wear on both- should be the same.
Verify that all blades are sharp, and turned in correct position. I don't mean anything by suggesting this, sometimes things happen.
No slippage on blade bolts/nuts.
Are you having to do any fighting to keep it going straight when mowing? Check brake free play.
Cutting long vs. short grass, and the different end product, will be more noticeable in long, that's all.
Like previous post, verify same thickness and placement of spacers.
Make sure there is no belt slippage, blades turning same rpm.
Then again, you did say Lesco, oops, sorry, just had to throw that in.

wriken
06-24-2003, 10:54 PM
Make sure all three blades are of offset design, they have a dip about 1/4" the entire cutting length of the blade, maybe you have what they call a straight blade, which would not have a 1/4" drop. Does it always cut 1/4" higher on the discharge side? I would check for something in a bind around the area that hooks the deck to the rider.