PDA

View Full Version : Encore mowers

eslawns
09-26-2000, 02:11 PM
I have a 36" WB that has been a good machine, but it will be 6 next June and I'll probably retire it. Every mfg has had nasty things posted here, but Encore seems to be a unanimous "unfavorite." I got it because it was cheaper than the competition, but that is no longer the case. If I get another WB, I'm leaning toward the Exmark or the Snapper. I don't see much difference from mfg to mfg.

Turf Kutter
09-26-2000, 02:27 PM
I was looking at the Snapper too but people say the snapper breaks easy.All agree that exmark is the best.I have not used the Snapper or Exmark.

65hoss
09-26-2000, 09:32 PM
I've got a 48" hydro wb. It's a fair machine. I think its a decent machine for a lower grade hydro (my opinion). I have put 2 sets of spindle bearings in it this year already. No matter what I do, they still don't last. The OPC switch on the speed control is a poor design. Finally got tired of that $10 piece breaking every 30 hrs and put a toggle switch in it.

It's a mower I will keep as a back up and use it for very bad clean up (junk yards). Kinda like a bushhog!!

Eric

landscaper3
09-26-2000, 10:42 PM
Go with either Exmark with floating deck or try the Toro full floating deck with the T-Bar stearing we have a toro and love it. The best thing with Exmark and Toro you buy one now!!! for 0 down 0 payments till April 2001 and 0 intrest till April good deal

TGCummings
09-26-2000, 10:47 PM
I got the Exmark 36" Hydro in June, and have nothing but good things to say about it. Highly recommended...

-TGC

Turf Kutter
09-26-2000, 10:50 PM
Tg what hp is it, and is it the viking hydro?