PDA

View Full Version : Scag Tiger Cub vs. Exmark Lazer HP

IndianaDave
06-23-2003, 10:12 PM
Has anyone had any hands-on experience with both of these ZTR's that can give some objective pros and cons on how the two compare?

I have looked closely at both, and both seem to be of good quality. I am not looking for any bashing of either one; But, rather actual differences that may make one a better quality unit.

BTW, I am considering the 48" decks and will probably go with a mulching kit as well.

NBLL
06-23-2003, 10:27 PM
My 48" cub is doing great. Only had one problem, broke a deck belt, dealer said they had a defective belt, replaced it for free. It's very durable. I put it through the paces and hasn't failed yet. If you're getting a 48" get at least a 21hp engine whether you get the cub or the lazer. you'll appreciate the difference. Can't give any comparison the the lazer, never have run one.

lugnut#6
06-23-2003, 10:59 PM
i had the same delima.both are exellent machinces.
i went with the 44"exmark lazor z hp.why? cause i cant fit it thru
a 4' gate.thats the only reason i chose it.no regrets so far.only had it 2 weeks.exmark has a factory sale that i think is still going.
i paid 5799.99

IndianaDave
06-23-2003, 11:01 PM
Lugnut,

Do you find the 44" deck to be adequate for trimming and maneuverability?

John Gamba
06-24-2003, 03:31 PM
I Looked At Both the Other day, I Am Looking For a Smaller Mower with a Good Bagger, the Cub was Higher, The Bagger Was Bigger, On the LazerHP It seamed Lower, Shorter,And The bagger was Lower, It Seamed that the Lazer HP Is smaller In A Lot Of Way's. The 200LB Clutch And The Kohler 23 I Could not get them On the Cub.

Take them Both Out and You Will See.
John.