PDA

View Full Version : z-sprays

Dandylyin Slayer
06-23-2003, 10:40 PM
I would like some feed back from people who are using them.

Thanks

KLMlawn
06-23-2003, 11:13 PM
Make your own

I did ...

morturf
06-24-2003, 03:22 PM
I have 3 Z-sprays now. These things are the best machine I have owned. They do a great job. What specifically would you like to know?
Mike

Dandylyin Slayer
06-24-2003, 08:52 PM
Morturf

How many gallons per acre are you putting down? Also when spraying what is the smallest yard you feel comforfable using the machine on?

Thanks

morturf
06-24-2003, 10:52 PM
I have mine set up differently then the stock machine. I have added my own nozzles. I use 1 gal/1000. I also only use 8 to 10 lbs psi. I have used it on as little as 5k but like it better on a 10k+ yard.
Mike

Dandylyin Slayer
06-25-2003, 07:44 AM
Morturf:

Thanks for the answers.

ANDY-W
06-25-2003, 09:00 PM
We run the sprayer and the aerator. The zspray really outperformed our pg's and we don't have the all problems. Its a great product.

1grnlwn
11-05-2003, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by morturf
I have mine set up differently then the stock machine. I have added my own nozzles. I use 1 gal/1000. I also only use 8 to 10 lbs psi. I have used it on as little as 5k but like it better on a 10k+ yard.
Mike

Hey Morturf it's me again. Did you change to 1gal/1000 so you could add fert to the solution or to add safety margin to overlap? Or was there other reason.

dantelawn
11-05-2003, 02:07 PM
Is the maintenace/repair easy for non-mechanics? We have 3 PG units that always seem to be down more often than we'd like, but the repairs are simple. Just have been hesitant w/ z-spray repairs cause no shop here will touch them.

morturf
11-05-2003, 02:35 PM
Well, no fert. Just that I don't like how misty the pattern on the nozzle was so I re arranged the nozzles and did it the way I like. So far so good!! I don't know why a maintenance place wouldn't touch one of these, everything on them is off the shelf except the chassis. All the rest is stock.

mike

KLMlawn
11-05-2003, 02:57 PM
dantelawn ...
I would imagine that any shop around by you that sells or repairs Wright Standers would be able to fix just about anything involving the tractor (motor, hydro's, etc.) seeing as the original z-spray's back half was in fact a Wright Stander. I guess Tom Rich decided to make a few small changes along with fabricatiing it out of stainless to save some money on buying the tractors from Wright as well as making a more long-lasting product due to its primary operating environment.
As to the spreader, it is a Spyker poly/stainless ... not much to go wrong and if it does, you can get new parts direct or from any spyker dealer.
The spray system might be the only dificult part of the Z-spray to get replacment parts other than from L.T. Rich themselves, but then again, it is just a spray system, with the same basics as any other ... tree or turf, not really that hard to find something similar that would work.

Christian grower
11-06-2003, 10:20 PM
Where can I see this Z - Spray at?

greenerpastures
11-06-2003, 10:32 PM
z-spray.com