PDA

View Full Version : Shindaiwa EB630

greenman
06-23-2003, 11:47 PM
Are the Shindy BP's available with a tube mounted throttle? I dont like left handed throttle, Im not left handed. I know Redmax has this option, but was wondering about the Shindaiwa EB630. Since I was robbed today, (another thread), I need a new BP.

lugnut#6
06-23-2003, 11:55 PM
mine has left handed throttle....like wearing a jetpack.

KLMlawn
06-24-2003, 12:08 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss ...

Honestly, I do not think that Shindi has that option, but I am not left handed either and I do not feel inconvenienced by having the throttle on the left side. What would you be doing with that hand otherwise? Possible holding a beverage, cigarette, the blower tube if you had to take the extention off for a cleanup, but even then, if you are somewhat coordinated, you should be able to hold the tube and operate the throttle at the same time ... No?

I do own both a Shindi and a RedMax.
Shindi's are a good bit lighter (or at least feel that way) but the Redmax seems to have a tad more blowing power. But I am not sure if it is worth the added weight and bulkiness of the RedMax.

mowerman90
06-24-2003, 04:55 PM
I just got myself a Echo PB650T yesterday. The "T" means it has the throttle mounted the way you want it on the tube. I had a Kawi KRB700B previously and thought that it was one potent blower until I demoed the Echo. Believe all the hype, it is a truely awesome blower. Today I found myself blowing clippings off the driveway from 20 ft away! Wet clippings.....No problem! 2 year warranty too! I just can't say enough good things about it.

greenman
06-24-2003, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by KLMlawn
Sorry to hear about your loss ...

Honestly, I do not think that Shindi has that option, but I am not left handed either and I do not feel inconvenienced by having the throttle on the left side. What would you be doing with that hand otherwise? Possible holding a beverage, cigarette, the blower tube if you had to take the extention off for a cleanup, but even then, if you are somewhat coordinated, you should be able to hold the tube and operate the throttle at the same time ... No?

OK, I went with the EB630. I have used left throttle for a long time, but the past couple of years got used to the tube throttle. It's an awesome machine. It will tumble a brick down a driveway!

As far as the other hand....I dont know, pick up trash, hold a trimmer, push a mower,......just like to have it free. I still can even with the left hand throttle......'cause of the way the throttle locks itself (sets)

lilred731
06-25-2003, 11:31 PM
Pushes a brick down a driveway??!!??:eek: :eek:

mowerman90
06-25-2003, 11:43 PM
My Echo BP650T ROLLS a brick down the driveway!!!

greenman
06-26-2003, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by lilred731
Pushes a brick down a driveway??!!??:eek: :eek:

Tumble it. Yes.

If there was a tube on the left side too, you could point em both at the ground, and maybe get some lift off.:cool:

Toroguy
06-26-2003, 12:18 AM
Greenman

Not a left hander either. The left hand throttle poses no problem for me?

Your not smoking a cigarette with your other hand are you?

I like the EB630

greenman
06-26-2003, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Toroguy
Greenman

Not a left hander either. The left hand throttle poses no problem for me?

Your not smoking a cigarette with your other hand are you?

I like the EB630

No, I dont smoke. Used to, years ago. I really enjoyed using the 630 today. No problems for me either, just takes some getting used to again, from tube throttle to left.

Keith
06-26-2003, 12:33 AM
I used Stihls with the tube mounted throttle for about 7 years before buying my first EB630. Took me all of about 30 minutes to get used to it :) Now it feels odd to use a Stihl. :cool:

BTW, I was playing around one day and there was a bag of cypress mulch on the sidewalk. The 630 pushed it right out of the way :D

Mark P
06-26-2003, 01:13 AM
:) Im to am not left handed, but the throttle only takes a few hrs to get used to, i love my eb630 2lbs lighter than the redmax 7000 and i can't tell any difference in power.....Marks Mowing Service

Mark P
06-26-2003, 01:14 AM
Don't even ask me how that attachment got there?...Marks Mowing Service