PDA

View Full Version : commercial vs. residential

tjcezar
06-24-2003, 06:07 PM
Quick question. When pricing commercial mowing against residential mowing are you guys at the same rate or do you price higher for commercial. I just gave a bid today on a commercial job approximately 2 acres and told the guy $100. He seem to act as if that was great but my usual reaction is "well thats a little steep". This happened to me a couple of times so it has me wondering. I don't want to loose jobs because I'm too cheap and they think I'm way off.:cool:

cos
06-24-2003, 06:22 PM
I always and a few people I know always bid higher on commercials. Residentials are the more likely to just price shop.

jeff_0
06-24-2003, 07:30 PM
i charge about the same.. i price jobs at about $60 a acre..

wacamaster
06-24-2003, 07:39 PM
Commercial is definitly priced higher. Most places want your tax ID so they can write it off. So if you bid $100 on it.. your gonna basically be getting $70-$80 for it. If they dont want it, then your in good shape.

tiedeman
06-24-2003, 07:55 PM
same pricing

Turf Medic
06-24-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by wacamaster
Commercial is definitly priced higher. Most places want your tax ID so they can write it off. So if you bid $100 on it.. your gonna basically be getting $70-$80 for it. If they dont want it, then your in good shape.

Are we out of line to assume that you don't claim the income or pay income tax on the jobs that don't ask for you ID number. Because around here the commercials pay the full amount of the bid even if they have your tax ID number.

jeff_0
06-24-2003, 08:21 PM
no matter what you have to pay taxes, so if they want your tax id number it should really matter.. unless you don't plan to claim the income from the job..