PDA

View Full Version : Revenge is Sweet!!!


FiremanMike
06-24-2003, 06:20 PM
I was outside trying to adjust my rpm's (no reply to my earlier post :(. ) This lady drives by and stops to talk to me (lettering on my truck has paid off). Come to find out she needs some mulching done because her lco promised it a month ago and it's still not done. Then she says she's not happy with the way he's managing her lawn either, but she has a contract. I told her I will take care of the mulch for her, and next year I will be her lco. I assked her the name of her provider.......guess who? Same SOB that is going around cutting at 12.50!!!! (see previous post "12.50 a cut). I told her that her lawn would probably be 20-25 a cut. She said she doesn't care as long as it's done. :D:D :D :D

Revenge is so sweeeeeet

Lawn-Scapes
06-24-2003, 06:46 PM
Next year is a long ways away.. I would have asked her to give the LCO two weeks notice now.

Green in Idaho
06-24-2003, 07:07 PM
Exactly. Most are 30 days notice or something but regardless, corral her now.

cos
06-24-2003, 07:29 PM
She might forget who you are. Get her hooked now. Just tell her to give the dude the 30 days notice and your in now and next year.

tiedeman
06-24-2003, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by cos
She might forget who you are. Get her hooked now. Just tell her to give the dude the 30 days notice and your in now and next year.

yup exactly what I would have done. I can't believe in the first place though that someone that charges $12.50 has a contract:confused:

FrankenScagMachines
06-24-2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by tiedeman
yup exactly what I would have done. I can't believe in the first place though that someone that charges $12.50 has a contract:confused:
I can't beleive in the first place that someone who charges $12.50 has a business :dizzy: :rolleyes: :confused:

tiedeman
06-24-2003, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by FrankenScagMachines
I can't beleive in the first place that someone who charges $12.50 has a business :dizzy: :rolleyes: :confused:

LOL

fblandscape
06-24-2003, 09:50 PM
I myself got revenge on a scrub a couple weeks ago. I might have called the IRS on his behalf, but I'm not sure, as I have been known in the past to haleucenate. :rolleyes:

the scaper
06-24-2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by FrankenScagMachines
I can't beleive in the first place that someone who charges $12.50 has a business :dizzy: :rolleyes: :confused: i cant believe in the first place that someone charges 12.50 :dizzy:

FiremanMike
06-24-2003, 10:21 PM
I'll see what I can do to reel her in. By the way, she was my 5th and 6th grade gym teacher!!! I don't think she will EVER forget me. In the 6th grade we were playing indoor hockey and I was the goalie....had a shot hit me square in the berries:cry: She didn't even come out on the floor to get me...just waited for me to get up and go to the bench. I thanked her for not embarrassing me by coming out and she said she thought I wouldn't want that.....she was right!! :blush: I'll try to reel her in this week...

Jimmy348
06-24-2003, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by FiremanMike
I'll see what I can do to reel her in. By the way, she was my 5th and 6th grade gym teacher!!! I don't think she will EVER forget me. In the 6th grade we were playing indoor hockey and I was the goalie....had a shot hit me square in the berries:cry: She didn't even come out on the floor to get me...just waited for me to get up and go to the bench. I thanked her for not embarrassing me by coming out and she said she thought I wouldn't want that.....she was right!! :blush: I'll try to reel her in this week...
I don't care if you were the valedictorian. Money has a way of changing the minds of the many. Think, how did she get this guy in the first place?

Green in Idaho
06-24-2003, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by FiremanMike
I'll see what I can do to reel her in. By the way, she was my 5th and 6th grade gym teacher!!!

Is she HOT?

Gravely_Man
06-25-2003, 09:16 AM
This sounds like a perfect way for you to take over her lawn maintenance. When you are doing the mulch job talk about all of the other services you perform and what you would do differently. Hopefully she will fire your current person and move on to you. Quality & Reliability are huge factors in this profession.


Gravely_Man

FrankenScagMachines
06-25-2003, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by the scaper
i cant believe in the first place that someone charges 12.50 :dizzy:
Aw man you got me there!

How about this- I can't beleive in the first place that this guy even charges at all! He's practically working for free anyway! :dizzy:

Expert Lawns
06-25-2003, 03:16 PM
"Hate to say I told you so''

This would be my reaction to her. I've had customers that tell me they've had bids for $20 when I'm bidding $30-$35. I tell them that the quality of service we provide is worth more than $20 and all my references will prove that. Also, I tell them that this LCO (scrub) will mow their lawn 1-2 times then realize that it's too much work and just stop showing up. Then, politely I tell them that if this is the case that I will be more than happy to mow their lawn at my price. This way they are happy and I am happy. WIN WIN situation.