PDA

View Full Version : skid marks on the ZTR

tjcezar
06-24-2003, 10:13 PM
On one of my accounts I mow on on medium sized slope. When coming down the hill my yazoo 42" z leaves slide marks. Now the hill isn't that steep but it is long and I think the weight of it it just kind of pushes me. Are there any tricks I could use like wider tires, diffent tread pattern, or tire pressure, or do I just grin and bare it. Let me add that the marks are not terrible but anything less than perfect I feel as though the job was poorly done.:confused:

Imow4u2
06-24-2003, 10:17 PM
You can prevent all skidding with a Z by backing down slopes... If you must drive down forward, I gradually increase sppeed as I accend this will work with the momentum and prevent skidding on short steep slopes.. up to 100 ft. in length..

Rustic Goat
06-25-2003, 12:24 AM
Too much of a slope to go horizontal (across) to it?

Envy Lawn Service
06-25-2003, 12:34 AM
I'm going to take a shot in the dark and guess that you have the pin adjust 42" deck. If you have the 20x10-10 Titan Multi Trac tires, you can drop down to 7 PSI in them like I did. I bet this would be a noticable improvement as it was for me.

Also, this may sound silly, but go top off w/fuel prior to that account and see if it helps. Now, if you are like me and tend to scrunch up on the machine, slide that seat all the way back. Every ounce of weight you can keep on the rear tires can and will help.

Check my signature for the "worth" of this post.....

Phishook
06-25-2003, 01:56 AM
Not knowing how old your machine is, you might need new tires.

Richard Martin
06-25-2003, 04:28 AM
Oh... You're talking about skid marks in the grass.

I was gonna suggest that you wear pants while mowing. :D

Mickhippy
06-25-2003, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Richard Martin
Oh... You're talking about skid marks in the grass.

I was gonna suggest that you wear pants while mowing. :D

We're on the same wave length. I was thinkin the same thing! ........ Dont leave skid marks on the mower,,,,, OK!:dizzy:

Gravely_Man
06-25-2003, 11:41 AM
Definitely try and play with the tire pressure and is the hill too steep to mow across it?

Gravely_Man

tjcezar
06-25-2003, 06:48 PM
wouldn't look as nice if I mowed horizontal since house sits at the top of hill.