PDA

View Full Version : just wanted to say, thank you.

bobbygedd
06-25-2003, 02:16 AM
well, believe it or not, check this out. u know the deal, its been raining like, alot here. struggling to catch up. well, sunday i get a call from a customer. he says he knows its been raining, and he knows its got to stink to cut grass like this. he then says to please bill him double for this weeks cut! i do him monday, and he leaves another messege monday night, "just got in, the lawn looks great, thank you so much." another one, sends in bill, with an extra #$20 on top of the "rain surcharge", with a note, thanx for all your effort, in spite of the rain, you are doing great. and last, but not least, didnt get any extra money, but she came out and said thank you so much, we are so glad we hired you, the lawn is the best its ever been. wow, all in a couple day period, 3 compliments. even a prick like me likes to be appreciated

mower_babe
06-25-2003, 02:23 AM
ATTA-BOY!!

It is good to hear isn't it. Makes you feel like maybe you're doing something right!! I love it when we get nice little notes in with payments - it makes it all worthwhile and cancels out the sucky days!!

Good job!!

Tharrell
06-25-2003, 07:07 AM
You know how the saying goes, "One awwwshhh__ttzz wipes out about 500 attaboys". It is nice to get compliments though. ATTABOY!

MOW ED
06-25-2003, 07:27 AM
Thats a morale booster. Everyone likes to be appreciated. Hope the rain stops but look at it this way, there are no watering restrictions.

Gravely_Man
06-25-2003, 10:05 AM
That is great to hear Bobby! Do a good job and some customer do notice. Sounds like you have some great clients.

Gravely_Man

Rhett
06-25-2003, 03:05 PM
Makes your whole day to have someone apreciate your hard work and dedication. Usually try to throw in a couple of extra minutes of work for these clients because I have found that if they are nice enough to let me know that they appreciate my work they will probably let others know.

UGA
06-25-2003, 03:26 PM
That's great to hear Bobby, the news last night said that many areas of the east coast haven't recorded this much rain in 100 years. Glad to see your customers know just how good you are.

turfcare
06-25-2003, 04:17 PM
Are you sure you were not dreaming Bobby!! Just kidding, good job! It is nice to hear things like that in anything you do.

greenman
06-25-2003, 11:16 PM
Yep, its makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.:D

little green guy
06-26-2003, 12:02 AM
;)

Navig8r
06-26-2003, 11:07 PM
Good deal......

The other day a friend of mine was at his Dr.'s, and the Dr. is telling him what a great job I do on the lawn ...... he knows the 2 of us are friends.... so my friend tells him, "yeah, I know, he mows my lawn too."

Last week, I'm tying down the mower at a site, and a car pulls alongside the trailer, and rolls down the window..... I say "Hi, how are you?"... The guy says, "Looks great!" and gives me a thumbs up, I say "thanks" and he pulls away...... Saw him again the other day, we waved to each other..... future customer?.. hope so!

kris
06-26-2003, 11:21 PM
Bobby ...what the heck is this? You trying to turn over a new leaf on lawnsite? A positive post! I want the old bobby back!

bobbygedd
06-27-2003, 01:25 AM
ok, im back. u know what i told these people when they said i was doing a good job? i said, "really, that good? YOUR PRICE JUST WENT UP! THATS RIGHT GRANDMA, RELATIVE OR NOT, PAY UP! how was that kris?

kris
06-27-2003, 07:38 AM
LOL ..much better.