PDA

View Full Version : Spray truck question

coyoteman
06-25-2003, 09:59 AM
Hi everyone,
Our company currently only has one spray truck which is a 3/4 ton . We are looking to buy another spray truck but was wondering how many people use just a regular half ton truck. Our tank size is 1200 litres. What modifications have to be done to the suspension and would it be a good idea to have a transmission cooler. The reason i ask is because it is easier to find a good half ton here than it is a 3/4 ton. Thanks for any replies

LAWNGODFATHER
06-25-2003, 05:17 PM
One thing you can't modify is the brakes.

Stopping all that liquid can be dangerous.

Look for 1ton's if passable.

I won't recommend to hop up a half ton to do the job of a heavy duty truck.

vegomatic40
06-28-2003, 09:17 AM
Yep...a good 1 ton is minimal for the job. I would even suggest that you beef it up by putting one or two more leaf springs in the back and add heavy duty shocks/coils in the front. Look at used Ryder/U-Haul cube vans. A lot of advantages: Tons of space, ability to lock up the rear for storage, protection from the elements and a huge billboard on each side and the rear for advertising. Just make sure you get one that isn't "worse for wear." If you have access to a decent fork lift you can remove or install the tank and reel fairly easily. Works well for me. I run 3 of them, a 200,300 and 500gal.

lawnboyil
06-28-2003, 10:54 PM
cube van are nice in some aspect but such in other. there a paint to drive you have a bigger learning curve with new drivers if there not use to them. .... i just dont like them becuase i use one at my full time job to spray adn i can't see and the trucjk is a piece of c#$%

my $.02

alex