PDA

View Full Version : Average Cost of an Exmark TTHP

JeffK
06-25-2003, 12:29 PM
I'm looking to purchase a new/demo Exmark TTHP, 17 HP w/ECS controls. I prefer the 48" deck (would consider the 52") and was curious about the cost.

I'll be looking at diversifying into cutting next spring (currently aerate and dethatch) and was wondering about the best time to buy. My local dealer sells his demo's toward the end of fall at about $1000 off retail (demos normally haev less than 100 hours). I would like to purchase for around $4000, I will be adding a trac-vac and JRCO rake at the same time. Does my price seem too low?

I haven't posted alot but have found the Site to be a great asset, thanks for any advice.

Jeff

LAWNGODFATHER
06-25-2003, 05:02 PM
Go for it.

Get the Turf Tracer 52" (not hp) 23hp Kohler.

Time is money and you won't regret it.

You get with this over the hp;

Electric blade clutch (no adjustments, PTO belt lasts 5Xs longer)

Hour meter (schedule oil changes and maintenance)

Wider, bigger tires (Less rutting, hill holding capacity)

Wider stance. (hill holding capacity)

Electric start. (Great when cold and/or tired)

Deeper deck (better cut, better dispersing of clippings)

Bearings on the caster yokes (grease once a year)

Nelson cyclonic air filter (change it once a season, not clean it every night)

All this for about $1000 more, and each one of them is worth it's weight in gold.

ULTIMATE LAWN
06-25-2003, 07:33 PM
The hp's have a smaller footprint & and unlike the Viking's, an easy belt adjustment system for the manual clutch. The 52" is, however, currently underpowered.

You can get an electric start on the tthp.

LAWNGODFATHER
06-25-2003, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by ULTIMATE IDIOT
The hp's have a smaller footprint

We had this discussion before.

a 52" TThp is still going to have a 52" deck no matter what.

The length was .3 inches shorter than the regular TT.

You go out and buy cause it has a smaller foot print, and I will go out and buy the non hp that has more horse power and all those other fetures that make the profit machine more profitable.

Darryl G
06-25-2003, 09:22 PM
I paid $4900 in spring 2002 equipped the same but with the electric start. I like the 48 because I can put it in the pick-up bed easily if necessary.

LAWNGODFATHER
06-25-2003, 09:58 PM
a Buddy bought a 52" Turf Tracer ECS 23hp Kohler and Velke II

It was right at $6k after tax and the velke.

DeepSouth Lawn Care
06-25-2003, 10:09 PM
I myself am looking at buying a new exmark. I looked at a 60 inch but the price of 9000 kinda turned me toward the 48 inch for 6000. Are these fair prices or would it be worth my while to travel out of state for a cheaper one???

LAWNGODFATHER
06-25-2003, 10:12 PM
Travel dude, the 60" here is $100 more than the 52" WB.

At $9000 I think you are referring to a ZTR rider?

DeepSouth Lawn Care
06-25-2003, 10:15 PM
yes im talking about the heavy duty commercial riders.

LAWNGODFATHER
06-25-2003, 10:16 PM
60" Lazer EFI 28hp $9009

DeepSouth Lawn Care
06-25-2003, 10:22 PM
what do you think about it vs the 48, one thing i have noticed using the 60 inch before is that it tends to scalp areas if its not level because the deck is so big even if you have the setting at say 2 3/4. The 48 inch they want 6000 for. I have been working with a buddy of mine and am planning to branch out on my own. I'm gonna buy all the equipment within the next month. I plan to buy the exmark and back pack blower, stihl edger and extra weed eater. My buddy is gonna give me some of the accounts when i go because he cant handle them all once i leave and after that im on my own lol.

LAWNGODFATHER
06-25-2003, 10:34 PM
You guys have a lot of smaller lawns down there.

PLus mowing Zoysia, Cent, Bent etc... that gets cut shorter.

Go with the 52", I think it would do better than the 48" and you can get more HP with it.

Demo one and try it out. Let us know what you think too....

DeepSouth Lawn Care
06-25-2003, 10:40 PM
yes theres about 4 main types of grasses we mow down here. centipede, bermuda, st augustine, and my least favorite to mow bahai grass with very long seed heads that either require mowing very slowly or go over twice. How long have you been in the business and what advice can you give me on getting the ball rolling!!

LAWNGODFATHER
06-25-2003, 10:51 PM
Never mowed Bahai..

Over 20 years.

Get your ducks on a row with insurance, license if acclicable, etc...

demo mowers to see what you like....

Chat with an accountant, get a biz plan going. This is a business, like any other.

LAWNGODFATHER
06-26-2003, 01:16 AM
That was the 36" Viking to the TThp for .3"

Anyhow, a smaller foot print would be where the wheels are.

Again in Scrub lawn care like your operation the cheaper the mower the better. You can't afford (saved your pennies) to buy a real lawn mower.

In the real world horse power and the extra options make a more productive machine.

Quit trying to push a smaller foot print, a 52" wide mower is still 52" wide, and a whole 7.5" is nothing to worry about for length.

Also don't bother trying to correct my facts they are 99% accurate, on your side your couldn't remember you way home.

lugnut#6
06-26-2003, 02:34 AM
hey godfather...me again.(kisses ring)
i bought a brand new 44" lazor hp.should i even bother getting 32" w\b in order to get into smaller gates? should i just continue to use my 21" snapper when they're gates are to small for the ztr?or should i turn down those yards with the small gates and look for something more profitable?

thanx again

LAWNGODFATHER
06-26-2003, 02:54 AM
Can you make or add bigger gate?

Nothing wrong with using a 21".

I don't know your situation, but if every lawn you have you needed a smaller mower, then the 32" would be a wise choice.

We carry push mowers on all trucks now. The lesco 36" is mad that she is collecting dust, it will end up out on a trailer again soon.

lawnworker
06-26-2003, 08:24 AM
Lugnut, consider a 36 inch WB they fit 3 foot gates with the shoot up. Most people would agree that a 32" WB is a sad waste of working capital.

ULTIMATE LAWN
06-26-2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by LAWNGODFATHER
Go for it.

Get the Turf Tracer 52" (not hp)
You get with this over the hp;
Electric blade clutch (no adjustments, PTO belt lasts 5Xs longer)

Wrong. Maybe on the Viking but the HP has an easy belt adjuster.

Electric start. (Great when cold and/or tired)

Wrong. Avail. on the hp.

The length was .3 inches shorter than the regular TT.

Wrong. You are comparing the differences between a fixed & floating eXmark deck. The Viking doesn't even come in a 52"..

Thank the Lord I am available to dispel the plethora of disinformation posted on this site.

lugnut#6
06-26-2003, 05:00 PM
i take it u 2 dont think much of each other?

LAWNGODFATHER
06-26-2003, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by ULTIMATE IDOIT

Available, at an extra cost.........

Has an adjustment, the Tracer has an electric PTO clutch. I think you got to big for your britches on this one IDOIT.

Now you are mixing words and keep your story straight.

BTW where are those pics, you aint got nothing.

I have a smaller foot print for you, it will look huge on your face.

DLCS
06-26-2003, 06:59 PM
I have a smaller foot print for you, it will look huge on your face.

:p LMAO

ULTIMATE LAWN
06-26-2003, 07:16 PM
I believe Lawngofather is simply confused about the different features between the various eXmark WB's.

I am glad I was able to educate him on this matter as his disinformation re. size, electric start etc. vs. the hp was blatantly incorrect.