PDA

View Full Version : Improved OCDC

FrankenScagMachines
06-25-2003, 07:09 PM
A month ago or so I got sick of my old one breaking the cable because of the bouncing at high speeds with the sulky. I'd tried all kinds of springs. So I had been putting it on for mulching and taking it off to discharge just using one or the other option. Today I finally got around to re-doing the control, now it's very similar to the EZ-Chute design except that it doesn't lock into positions (I only use it open or closed anyway). It has a spring to hold it in the open position and it's weight keeps it closed good enough. It works very very well! I used a knuckle joint from a 3/8" socket set for the pivot joint. It's a slick setup :D
Oh I've also, for a while, ran a peice of 1 1/2"x 1 1/2" angle iron welded to the bottom of the OCDC as a lip for a high performance mulching option. I now can mulch or discharge on the go without leaving a windrow of clippings when mulching. If the grass is real tall, it will clump alittle between blades but in normal growth it does fine.

FrankenScagMachines
06-25-2003, 07:11 PM
A shot that shows the mulching lip. This wont' work for those of you who use the OCDC pointing down at an angle, but if you only mulch or discharge full open, you should try this for increased mulching action.

FrankenScagMachines
06-25-2003, 09:24 PM
bump :blob4:

cos
06-25-2003, 09:30 PM
Better chase that dog off your lawn. I think he's leaving behind a huge land mine.

This one is definitely better. Like we said, the other one wouldn't last. lol :eek:

LAWNGODFATHER
06-25-2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by FrankenScagMachines
bump :blob4: So after 2 hours and 13 minutes, your thread did get enough attention yet, you had to post again so it would be at the top.

FrankenScagMachines
06-25-2003, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by LAWNGODFATHER
So after 2 hours and 13 minutes, your thread did get enough attention yet, you had to post again so it would be at the top.
It was almost to the bottom of the forum so I had to do something LOL, BTW, what was the point of your post may I ask? Just to FLAME another member? Last I checked, that was against the rules, and last I checked, that leads to suspension of use of Lawnsite.

Cos, the dog is a "she" and her name is Fido, beleive it or not! My uncle named her that before he checked I guess LOL (she was a stray he took in and gave to us). She only leaves land mines in designated areas, but she will mark her territory wherever she goes ;) The other OCDC would have been perfect if it was used at a walking speed only, but at the higher speeds with a sulky, it bounced around too much and pulled the cable too much (leading to breakage).

LAWNGODFATHER
06-25-2003, 10:27 PM
It was almost to the bottom of the forum so I had to do something LOL,Yup, that was my point.

On page 2 the threads don't fall of the face of the earth.

BTW it's at the top again...............

FrankenScagMachines
06-25-2003, 10:31 PM
So, whats your point? BTW, aren't you afraid of getting suspended or banned for your repeated flaming? Last I checked, the rules said that could happen. FYI, I also reported this post to a moderator because I for one am sick of you constantly flaming me and other members. Hopefully they will suspend you so you will possibly learn your lesson :sleeping:

LAWNGODFATHER
06-25-2003, 10:33 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Imow4u2
06-25-2003, 10:37 PM
If LGF got suspended I would spend less time on the boards, He does have a good point on this one.
The rest of the time it's just pretty Darn funny......:D

BTW LGF is it done raining down there, and have you checked you gauge?

DLCS
06-25-2003, 10:39 PM
FSM,

Well, if anybody needs a suspension it should be you. The accusation you made about LGF was totally uncalled for and out of line. You know which one I'm talking about.

LAWNGODFATHER
06-25-2003, 10:39 PM
Hey where did the goofy 3rd wheel go?

DLCS
06-25-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by LAWNGODFATHER
Hey where did the goofy 3rd wheel go?

Hey your not keeping up. FSM removed that weeks ago. LMAO

LAWNGODFATHER
06-25-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by DLCS
Hey your not keeping up. FSM removed that weeks ago. LMAO DANG, I am loosing it..........

LAWNGODFATHER
06-25-2003, 11:13 PM
Bump:blob1:

It was getting close to the bottom.........:D

FrankenScagMachines
06-25-2003, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by DLCS
FSM,

Well, if anybody needs a suspension it should be you. The accusation you made about LGF was totally uncalled for and out of line. You know which one I'm talking about.

Maybe you should be suspended too for this little tidbit of flaming you are now giving me. No I guess I don't what you're talking about, which one? And why was it uncalled for? What IS uncalled for is LGF's RUDENESS and REPEATED FLAMING of me and several other members. That's totally uncalled for. You know which ones I'm talking about. I have tried to be nice to him and not get into any discussions or debates, arguements, etc. with him and he still persists in his rotten attitude toward me and many others. I'm not perfect and neither is he or you or anyone else, but I at least try to be nice and not rude and not someone who does nothing but flame everyone else all the time. It's not like he's only rude or flames those who have done him wrong, he acts that way toward new members on their first post especially if they're under age 35 or whatever his magical number is :rolleyes:

LAWNGODFATHER
06-25-2003, 11:23 PM
LGF is upset because the only memories he has of himself at my age was doin' drugs and gettin' trashed all the time :rolleyes:

So I used drugs and drank all the time when I was your age?

That's news to me....

Quote is from this thread (http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48081)

BTW it's at the top again.:blob1:

FrankenScagMachines
06-25-2003, 11:28 PM
You have a reading disability or what? I said, and I quote, "Maybe". What IS your real problem man? You seem to have nothing better to do than cause trouble. For example, just now you took my words and edited them to make it look like I was stating a fact when I was merely making a guess. You are pathetic. Please get a life.

LAWNGODFATHER
06-25-2003, 11:31 PM
Yeah I have aixelsyd.

DLCS
06-25-2003, 11:48 PM
Maybe you should be suspended too for this little tidbit of flaming you are now giving me.

OK:) I wouldn't lose any sleep.

MacLawnCo
06-25-2003, 11:50 PM
poor KID, but i dont feel sorry for you. BTW, did you know god made females too? Fun to hang with if you ever get out and off the puter.

little green guy
06-25-2003, 11:56 PM
I thought that mower had lights on it :confused:

BTW i'm under 35 and LGF has always been cool to me.