65hoss
06-25-2003, 09:03 PM
again...

65hoss
06-25-2003, 09:04 PM
new 23 kawi

LAWNGODFATHER
06-25-2003, 09:09 PM
Puuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrdddddddddyyy Except for the engine choice.

Is that a suspention seat too?

Shouldn't of posted them, ULTIMATE LAWNS might get jealous.

Who the guy on the left be?

Darryl G
06-25-2003, 09:17 PM
The "old" one looks darn good too.

Now I gotta get a second one in order to keep up with you.:D

65hoss
06-25-2003, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by LAWNGODFATHER

Is that a suspention seat too?

Who the guy on the left be?

Guy on left is a friend.

Yes its the suspension seat. I have the green light to tell people about it now. Might as well start now...

I've been testing a suspension seat setup for eXmark since last fall. It fits the standard seat. The standard seat is more comfortable than the "suspension" seat avaliable. You now can buy a suspension that fits below the standard seat. Let me tell you its awesome. No more bumpy rides. Many guys have rode on mine and fell in love. It has adjustment to loosen or tighten the amount of travel in the suspension. It raises you up about 3" over the standard height.

It fits all full size lazers and HP's. If you try it once you could never go back to the standard way again.

Darryl G
06-25-2003, 10:41 PM
Hoss - My dealer told me the seat base is available and recommeded it. $200 something if I recall correctly.

rvsuper
06-25-2003, 11:20 PM
Hoss,

Gotta love that new machine!!

Are ya keepin the other Lazer???

kppurn
06-25-2003, 11:31 PM
Hoss,

Have you tried the other suspension seat (the $600 dollar one)? If so, how does this new suspension compare?

I've been thinking about getting the other suspension seat for a few weeks now, but this new one may be the way to go.

Frosty_03
06-25-2003, 11:39 PM
Nice Machines Dude, like the color too!!!! Where did you pick the new one at. I was talking to Rick at the AG Center about one of those new 60" cutters. I just got to have one now. Good Luck Dude and GOD SPEED!!!!!!:cool:

ULTIMATE LAWN
06-25-2003, 11:50 PM
You may have been better suited to a Tracer or TTHP to compliment your LazerHP.

Riding only will limit productivity & make you fat...or give you real skinny legs.

Envy Lawn Service
06-25-2003, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by kppurn
Hoss,

Have you tried the other suspension seat (the $600 dollar one)? If so, how does this new suspension compare?

I've been thinking about getting the other suspension seat for a few weeks now, but this new one may be the way to go.

Likewise...........

It should bolt right up for me too. I have looked at the regular suspension seats and something similar to this new thing. But the one I was looking at and ruled out only gave 1" of suspension travel to the cushy stock seat.

So there is 3" of travel on this one? The only flaw I can see with this idea is that it would seem you would sit higher than a regular suspension seat.

65hoss
06-26-2003, 12:31 AM
I sold the other lazer. MikeLT1Z28 bought it.

rvsuper
06-26-2003, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by ULTIMATE BOZO

Riding only will limit productivity & make you fat...or give you real skinny legs.

So what's your point on this post??? He bought the machine to fit his needs, and it looks like he chose a Lazer to help him be more productive. Sure, the turf tracers are productive also, but the lazer suits HIS needs, not what you think. And also I think that you should judge a machine by the way it performs and cuts, not how it looks and what other people say about it.

Now ultimate buddy, lets see your line up...including that picture of the Mag blade grinder that you found somewhere on the web....:rolleyes:

65hoss
06-26-2003, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by darryl gesner
Hoss - My dealer told me the seat base is available and recommeded it. $200 something if I recall correctly.
Yes, it retails for $199. I highly recommend it also.

kppurn Hoss,

The other suspension seats are as you stated rather pricey. Exmarks goal was to make a suspension that was affordable and extremely comfortable. This was developed by eXmark with us (end user) in mind. This is the way to go for suspension seating on lazers.

65hoss
06-26-2003, 12:43 AM
Thought I would post the last 2 email that have information and the part numbers for the suspension seat. Craig is the man in charge of making this addition...

Eric,
Hope all is going well and your suspension continues to give you a
smooth ride. I wanted to let you know that you are free to discuss the
suspension with anybody you want to. They are available to buy from
dealers if the dealer chooses to sell them. You might let me know if
you have any complaints about the suspension so I can review it.

FYI - Anybody can get a "kit" to put one of these on a Lazer or LHP.
The part number to order is 103-4754. We did add some parts to the kit
that you didn't get with your sample. But the one kit fits both Lazers
and LHPs.

Please let me know if you have any problems with the suspension. I
will check back with you next fall to see if anything appears to be
wearing on the suspension. And thanks for helping field test the
suspension. Your input helped decide it was something to make
available.

Best Regards,
Craig

========================================

Eric,
We did change the amount of travel allowed on the LHP. It will go back
about 1.65" from a "centered" position instead of normal 2". So you
only loose about 0.35" of travel. This is about 1" more travel than the
0.65" that was allowed on the one we sent you. From stability tests, we
were able to use one size of track limiter for both the Lazer and LHP.
This allowed more travel on the LHP and made the kit a little more
simple. We did have to go to a heavier spring on the seat spring
assembly that lifts the seat off the operator presence switch. We
provide the assembies (both LHP and Lazer) in the kit. And the kit will
also work on our new "CT" model. Most riders have said this add-in
supension together with our "EVC" seat give a better ride than the high
dollar "suspension seat" we put on EFI machines and the XP. My own
opinion is that the add-in suspension is well worth the $199 MSRP (I
think, could be wrong) and is my personal choice when I mow. I do spend
about 2 to 3 hours every other week on a mower. Its enough riding time
to make the add-in suspension a clear choice to me. I don't want to ride
a machine without it.

Let me know if you have any problems or even have some questions. I
will check back with you this fall to see if you notice any wear on the
supsension.

Thanks again,
Craig

kppurn
06-26-2003, 12:44 AM
Thanks for the reply. Terry gave me the part number yesterday in another thread. I'll probably order one tomorrow.

LAWNGODFATHER
06-26-2003, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by ULTIMATE IDIOT

He has a 36" Metro....LOL

Boy he sure does look fat in that pic too..... Must be all that riding he did on his other Lazer.

Maybe, might be over your head a bit, he wanted a newer mower with all the updates. Also when you make a profit and don't have to save your pennies, you can do things like, buy a new mower just because you feel like it.

I wish they had that seat option when I bought my first Lazer, would have saved me $500 for that seat.

lbmd1
06-26-2003, 06:00 AM
Hoss,
Anyway you can find out if the kit will fit the toro zmaster lineup as well seeing they are so similar? Let us know. Thanks!

Mike

TurfPro
06-26-2003, 07:03 AM
65Hoss,

Did the higher seat height take some getting used to? That's one of the big pluses I considered when I bought my HP over other mowers,,,the ultra low seat height,it would seem like the sup. kit would negate that advantage..... or is it no big deal?

Thanks

65hoss
06-26-2003, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by TurfPro
65Hoss,

Did the higher seat height take some getting used to? That's one of the big pluses I considered when I bought my HP over other mowers,,,the ultra low seat height,it would seem like the sup. kit would negate that advantage..... or is it no big deal?

Thanks

It took about 2 days to really get it feeling normal. Why? 2 reasons. You do sit higher and it takes a little time for it to become normal again. Also it changes your "line of sight" when using the trim side next to things. That takes the most time to get past. After a couple of days I was back to normal and now I never even know it or even think about it anymore.

The added height do not effect the balance of the machine. You will feel different and unsure of yourself the first few times. But the machine will do just fine. eXmark did all the testing on the machines to make sure the balance wouldn't get screwed up.

The second picture you can see the difference in height.

65hoss
06-26-2003, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by lbmd1
Hoss,
Anyway you can find out if the kit will fit the toro zmaster lineup as well seeing they are so similar? Let us know. Thanks!

Mike

If you would have bought an eXmark you wouldn't be asking.:D Just kidding.

Can't hurt to ask. You might ask the guys on the eXmark forum about it.

johnhenry
06-27-2003, 11:19 PM
Congrats on your new exmark.Your old one sure showed that you take pride and care for your stuff.Best of luck and many happy mowings and let the money roll in:)

Esby
06-28-2003, 02:37 AM
I have the "old" style suspension seat. I have put about 650 hours on it. Personally, I don't think its worth the $500, its not even worth $200, in fact I think I may even put my old seat back on. The suspension just isn't as great as one would think, and the seat is as hard as a rock. The arm rests are very hard and narrow too. The suspension really stiffens up when the cables that the suspension rides on get dirty, this happens very easily with a long days mowing. The cables rub along this plate of metal that you keep greased. Just a poor design in my opinion. Anyways...those are my thoughts on the suspension seat. I would be interested to try out this new type of suspension, because what I have just doesn't "cut" it.

65hoss
06-28-2003, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Esby
I have the "old" style suspension seat. I have put about 650 hours on it. Personally, I don't think its worth the $500, its not even worth $200, in fact I think I may even put my old seat back on. The suspension just isn't as great as one would think, and the seat is as hard as a rock. The arm rests are very hard and narrow too. The suspension really stiffens up when the cables that the suspension rides on get dirty, this happens very easily with a long days mowing. The cables rub along this plate of metal that you keep greased. Just a poor design in my opinion. Anyways...those are my thoughts on the suspension seat. I would be interested to try out this new type of suspension, because what I have just doesn't "cut" it.

That is exactly why they designed this one. The standard seat is much more comfortable. Ask your dealer to get one and put on his demo unit to try out.

rodfather
06-28-2003, 06:17 PM
Even the old one looks too clean to me...wouldn't look like that for very long up here in Joysey with all our rain...LOL

Best of luck with your new addition Eric:D

John Gamba
06-29-2003, 04:46 PM
You Go Hoss!!!!

mike9497
06-29-2003, 06:51 PM
got my seat for free lol lol