PDA

View Full Version : 27hp LC 60" Lazer coming soon...

TLS
09-26-2000, 08:49 PM
I have on order a 2001 Exmark 27hp LC Kawasaki gas 60" Lazer. I was all over the 72" that they had in the showroom, but 60" is more my size. Anybody out there with one yet? How about you 22hp LC guys, how do you like yours? They are almost identical. Has any of you broke the radiator cover? It kind of sticks out a bit and was wondering if it has been a problem. Now I guess I'll have to change my screen name. ha ha

Lazer
09-26-2000, 09:49 PM
Don't own the LC's, but the guys I know seem to love 'em.

Don't know of any damaged radiators.

I'm kinda nosey, I walk-in the back door of the dealership and look at who's got what equipment in for service and why.

Kinda annoys the dealer, but I like to know what's going on.

Just don't see many LC's in for service.

TLS
09-27-2000, 12:56 AM
Lazer,

Glad to hear you haven't seen many sick LC's. BTW my Dixie is for sale in the other forum.

Now, Lazer, what am I gonna change my name to ... LCLazer??...hmmm.

MJB
09-27-2000, 02:15 AM
Dixie1,
I have a new 22hp Exmark LazerZ and it's great, compared to Walker and Grasshopper I love it's maneuverability. Yes it does ride a little higher, but I don't have crews swinging the back end around and hitting buildings, signs, whatever else gets in the way.

The only downside to these machines is the weight, I will try to make sure that my customers will not water 24 to 48 hrs before I mow next year, because they will leave deeper ruts that my other mowers. Make sure you get the suspension seat too.

Smooth Operator
09-28-2000, 12:37 AM
I have the 22hp LC, absolutely love it. Great power and manueverabilty, as for the radiator cover I haven't had any problem's yet, just have to be aware of what your turning radius is. As far as height goes it's still lower than your shoulders when seated so it's not a limiting factor under limbs etc.

TLS
09-28-2000, 10:49 AM
How is the fuel economy on these compared to a 25 Kohler? I would think they are a little more miserly. How about the weight. Is 200 or so pounds THAT much in a mower? I dont want to be getting stuck all the time. My DIXIE has NEVER been stuck and I drove it through mud pits that would take your boot off! That extra weight shoud help hillside stability though right?

Thanks guys,

Smooth Operator
09-29-2000, 12:32 AM
Can't help you with the fuel consumption comparison, never ran a 25, just lucky I guess. Certainly seems reasonable for the amount of grass mowed per gallon though. Don't think minor differences in fuel consumption would influence my decision between those two, Kawi wins hands down on reliability and reputation. As far as the extra 200lbs., it probably amounts to an extra 1-2psi of ground pressure,not enough to make or break most situations. If you consistently work in very muddy areas demo one there and see for yourself. Those bar lug tires on the Dixies probably make more difference than the extra 200lbs traction-wise. I have spun wheels a couple times backing up hill to turn around in muddy conditions but never been close to being stuck. It holds sidehills very well and feels very stable, try one you'll love it!

MJB
09-29-2000, 02:25 AM
Dixie1, You won't notice enough change in fuel consumption.
Today I mowed 5 acres on 2/3 of 1 tank using double blades,
I don't think that is bad. I love having 2 fuel tanks I don't make as many trips to the gas station.

I mow thru mud and 2 inches of water on a couple of jobs and I never have forward traction problems. I notice the tires slip more backing up but that just takes getting use to.
Demo one for yourself.