PDA

View Full Version : Returned PermaGreen?

DaleL
06-25-2003, 09:12 PM
Just wondering if anyone here has returned their PG for any reason? Why? Well I'm thinking of taking PG up on their 90day/100hour warranty. After having it now a couple months and putting 9.9 hours on it, I've seen what a pain it is to load/secure/unsecure/unload/load/secure...you get the picture! I have a C-30 van with 200 gal tank, spreader and PG with carrier. The problem is this: If I have several lawns that are within a few miles of each other but can only use the PG on 1 or 2, then I have to work around (over actually!) the carrier as well as take the PG off then reload and secure. Or I have to make another trip to the area on a different day when I would ONLY do PG properties. Just takes too much time I find. I can actually push spread within the time it takes to dilly-dally with the PG. Yes, I AM a lot more tired at the end of the day! Sorry for ramblin on but just wondering what some of you have experienced...

DaleL
PS: I'm only at 1-1/4million sq. ft. at this point but plan to double that (I hope) in a year or so.

LAWNGODFATHER
06-25-2003, 10:04 PM
That sucks, maybe it's a van in the way.;)

I set my truck up so I can use any of the application equipment on it at any time.

Lawn Tek
06-25-2003, 10:14 PM
Give you 2900.00 sight unseen :)

Receiver hitch for front of van for P G

ParkerLawn
06-25-2003, 10:47 PM
Definitely the van. Park the van and drive the PG around town and you won't have to load and unload. Only kidding! I also use my truck with my Lesco 200 gallon space saver tank to use if needed and fill my tank on PG. PG is a lifesaver on my large accounts. I had to turn down business before because there was no way I was dragging hose around 5 and 10 acre properties. Now I have these properties and cover them with ease.

ParkerLawn
06-25-2003, 10:49 PM
Definitely the van. Park the van and drive the PG around town and you won't have to load and unload. Only kidding! I also use my truck with my Lesco 200 gallon space saver tank to use if needed and fill my tank on PG. PG is a lifesaver on my large accounts. I had to turn down business before because there was no way I was dragging hose around 5 and 10 acre properties. Now I have these properties and cover them with ease. :D :D

Stripe master
06-26-2003, 12:59 AM
I see so many things good and bad on the PG spreader/sprayer. I see much more productivitiy out of it. I am wondering why I pulled a hose for so long. I have cut my chemical applications to a 1/4 of the time. I think you should review your situation and if you are going to expand it will be a necessity. Are you not having good results with it? Thanks

DaleL
06-26-2003, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by Stripe master
Are you not having good results with it? Thanks

Oh yeah, I haven't got any problem with the results per se it's just the logistics of it.

LGF: I suspect your comment is probably right on the mark. "It's the van that's in the way"!

$2900?!?!? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks for the replies and I'll re-think my setup.

DaleL

DaleL
06-26-2003, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by Lawn Tek
Give you 2900.00 sight unseen :)

Receiver hitch for front of van for P G

That's actually an idea I could live with! I like that, thanks. However, the 'offer' stinks!:)

DaleL

LAWNGODFATHER
06-26-2003, 01:00 PM
I wasn't being sarcastic......

I like the idea of it in front, but it might hinder the cooling effects of the radiator.

The first LCO here I ever saw with a PG has a van.

I can see a problem with using a van and the carry rack trying to use a push spreader a lot.

What about a small trailer for the PG unit, you can also secure the push spreader on it.

Lawn Tek
06-26-2003, 04:30 PM
Small trailer also good idea .
I'll up offer to 3100.00 :)

DaleL
06-26-2003, 09:46 PM
You guys are geniuses(sp?)!!!:cool::cool:

I think the small trailer would work fine and have actually thought of that before posting this thread. However, I thought about it AFTER I had purchased the carrier so I am kinda stuck with it for now.

I'm taking the van over to my welder/fabricator guy Fri eve/Sat morning and he's going to look at putting the receiver up front. Said I could have it back for Monday so I'll let you guys know how it all plays out!

I am sure I will like the unit a bunch more WHEN this issue isn't an issue anymore...:)

LawnTek: Which half are you making the offer for?!?!?:D

DaleL
PS: Anybody know the approximate weight of the unit and carrier? 400-500#???

LAWNGODFATHER
06-27-2003, 01:25 AM
About 650 empty combind.

I wish I kept the shipping slip, it had the weight minus the crate.

DaleL
07-02-2003, 09:46 PM
Hey Guys, I thought I'd give you an update on my 'ordeal'.

(I tried to upload 3 pics of the rig but for some strange reason couldn't get them off the floppy they are on - I'll keep trying). Got the hitch mounted on the front. Guy did a great job. Very 'neat'. Frontend had about 8 - 9 inches ground clearance. When I got the truck loaded up to go out on Monday am, I had somewhere around 30-36 bags of fert in the cargo area. As I've been using them up last couple of days, the front is 'dropping' to the point of having maybe 4 - 5 inches of ground clearance at farthest point forward! Gotta be real careful with driveways and other low lying areas! :(

Bottom line is - it sure makes my job a heck of a lot easier! I may reconfigure the 200 gallon tank inside. It currently sets sideways behind 'cab' area. Thinking about turning it 90 degrees and sliding it back to the rear and have the reel feed out the back doors. Not sure though if it will allow enough room for push spreader and a days worth of fert. Your thoughts?

DaleL

Lawn Tek
07-02-2003, 09:50 PM
Dang , was making room for that P . G.

DaleL
07-02-2003, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Lawn Tek
Dang , was making room for that P . G.

So sorry!!!:D :D :D

Money's 'cheap' right now and Sheffield's offering no payments til Oct (I think). ;) You oughta go ahead and do it!..

DaleL

LAWNGODFATHER
07-02-2003, 10:48 PM
email me the pic, I can post them for you.

Lawngodfather@yahoo.com

DaleL
07-03-2003, 06:35 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by LAWNGODFATHER
[B]email me the pic, I can post them for you.

LGF - That's not my problem! I'm having trouble with my floppy drive, of all things. Stupid thing just hoses up when I put the floppy in and try to read it. Haven't had much time to deal with it but hope to mess with it on the 4TH! Hey thanks for the offer though!

DaleL

DaleL
07-03-2003, 05:24 PM
Ok. Here we go....I'm gonna try to load these pics. (When I ask to see a 'preview', it never shows my pics!?! What's up with dat?) Oh well, I'll go ahead and try to post but if no pics, maybe someone can help me!
DaleL

DaleL
07-03-2003, 05:27 PM
COOL! It worked, I'll try another! (Only took 3)...

DaleL
07-03-2003, 05:30 PM
And the last one...

Lawn Tek
07-03-2003, 06:08 PM
O k so you ran over a lawn apps guy . Let us know about the radiator /a ir flow . Hey looks fine to me , also there are some inexpensive things to raise the front end of van .:

LAWNGODFATHER
07-03-2003, 07:03 PM
Hows the lights now?

Might I suggest you take a trip back the the welder and run some more angle iron under the frame of the carry rack.

Have him brace that sucker up, mine has tweaked all over the place.

The hinges need to be braced better and the flat part it sits on need to run angle the length of it.

Otherwise that is cool, just make sure you stop good.

KenH
07-03-2003, 09:08 PM
Do you guys take this platform on and off yourself??? how heavy is it???

Phishook
07-04-2003, 02:49 AM
Nice set up. Just woiundering what that cost$

Have any of you had an any experience with a tilt plat form. I saw one in an 'Auto and RV'. Looked nice, held up to 450#. Verry similar to that one, but no ramps.

DaleL
07-04-2003, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by KenH
Do you guys take this platform on and off yourself??? how heavy is it???

I HAVE used a floor jack and pulled it off myself but it's sure a lot easier with another person!

The guy at PG told me the carrier weighs in around 100#.

AIRFLOW: It doesn't seem to affect it. If you can tell from the pics, the unit is not that restricting to the grille of the van.

BRAKING: I've had this van for a couple years and have put < 10K miles on it. It has awsome braking! It being a 1Ton truck, the brakes are 'heavy duty'. The PG hanging out on the front does not make the braking more difficult.

ADVERTISING: People DO tend to 'rubberneck' and 'gawk' at it as I pass by them, so I assume they take a peep at the name on the side of the truck!

DaleL

weedmaster
03-22-2004, 09:00 PM
Looks like the ramp opens towards the street instead of the yard otherwise very cool.

meets1
03-22-2004, 09:18 PM
Do you like the Perma Green? I am seriously looking at for our accounts. I use a 500 gallon tank and 300ft of hose. What a pain! Do you use it on all your accounts? I want to get rid of my trailer rig and go strictly with the Pg machine? Is that a good idea? I still see that some of you guys are using both methods. Why?

Talstar
03-22-2004, 09:53 PM
Do you think the local authorities might have something to say about that set up??? How about your ins. co. you may not be covered for a front end collision. And how about all those new front end parts in your near future. A small enclosed trailer is so efficient for many things. I'll give you $4183.59 after seeing the pics of course.

TSM
03-23-2004, 02:44 PM
it must be 'tricky' having to unload it on the traffic side of the truck?

Envi-Lawn
03-23-2004, 07:46 PM
It seems like a good solution to your problems, but I hope the cops/dmv don't find something illegal with it.