PDA

View Full Version : Before and arfter blows who does em

pinnacle
06-27-2003, 01:24 AM
I want to know how many of youz preform before and arfter blows on cuts. ie I ww then I blow debris onto lawns then I cut and bag then blow again

tiedeman
06-27-2003, 01:32 AM
the only time that we perform before blows are when its fall and the leaves from the curbing and landscaping beds need to be on the lawn.

lawncare3
06-27-2003, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by tiedeman
the only time that we perform before blows are when its fall and the leaves from the curbing and landscaping beds need to be on the lawn.

Ditto.

DLCS
06-27-2003, 01:58 AM
I only blow before in the fall or after I edge a sidewalk that hasn't been edge in awhile.

Gravely_Man
06-27-2003, 11:40 AM
Only time I take out the blower before I cut is as stated above during fall leaf cleanups.

Gravely_Man

BIGWIV
06-27-2003, 11:57 AM
Only when we have to edge a lawn that has never been edge before. We pick-up the large junks and blow the rest up on the lawn and mow over it.:p

yardmonkey
06-27-2003, 11:59 AM
I see a lot of guys blowing stuff into the street to finish up. I always blow everything off of the street into the yard. Recently I have started to sometimes blow into the yard before mowing if there is enough edging or stuff in the street that it would look bad to blow it onto the yard after mowing. I always mulch-mow. Seems worth the effort to me to do the before and after blow if that is what it takes to make the yard look nice. Like I said, I only started doing this recently. Always trying to improve.....

greenman
06-28-2003, 12:17 AM
It just depends on the amount of debris on the hardscapes, like leaves and small twigs after a storm, or, as said above, lots of dirt and grass from edging.....but in the fall, its necessary to blow first.

mtdman
06-29-2003, 12:12 AM
Lucky for me, the city picks up leaves and any leaves in the fall go into the street. I charge extra if I have to blow before a mow in the fall. Not a lot, but enough to make it worth the time.

:D

HOMER
06-29-2003, 09:35 AM
You charge extra to blow? In the fall before you mow?

What do you do with all the leaves chillin' on the driveway and around the house? Surely you don't just blow em out into the street........or worse yet---- into the yard AFTER your done.

Down here the pine trees make a mess. Driveways have to be blown a lot of times before we can even think about mowing as well as some parking lots. If you don't blow first you spend extra time with a rake and bucket trying to collect the debris so it doesn't get back into the "freshly" cut lawn.

Any work the machines can take off this human is time saved and money made.

What's a rake anyway?:blob2:

ProMo
06-29-2003, 09:43 AM
i prebow about 1/2 of my curbs if there are leaves present

mtdman
06-29-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by HOMER
You charge extra to blow? In the fall before you mow?

What do you do with all the leaves chillin' on the driveway and around the house? Surely you don't just blow em out into the street........or worse yet---- into the yard AFTER your done.

The leaves start falling around here in late Sept, and usually I mow to end of Oct. If I have to blow before I mow, yeah I charge. It can take a while to get all the leaves of the lawn so that we can cut it, and you can bet I'm getting paid for extra time spent on a lawn. I make it perfectly clear to all my customers, too. And yes, the leaves go into the street in front of the house by the curb. The city picks up twice in the fall, comes along and scoops the leaves right up and takes them away.

When blowing before a mow, I just try to get the leaves off the lawn. If I do a fall leaf clean up, I go for all the leaves. In the bushes, beds, driveway, whateva. I really don't worry about stuff going back into the lawn after I'm done mowing, as the leaves continue to fall when I'm not there anyway. Believe it or not, many other LCOs around here (especially the two or three big ones) will just mow the leaves and leave the chopped up pieces on the yard. Yeck! Talk about crappy.