PDA

View Full Version : what is the best brand/model weedeater, blower, edger, mower

swing blade
06-27-2003, 08:57 PM
ok I am looking to start my own biz. What is the best brand/model of blowers, 21" mowers, walk behinds, ztr mowers, edgers, weedeaters, and so on.

ElephantNest
06-27-2003, 09:12 PM
Blower: Echo
Mower: Toro or Honda ( both commercial grade)
W/B: eXmark
ZTR: Dixie Chopper
Edger: Shindaiwa stick edger 25+cc
Weedeater:Shindaiwa ( T270 my preference )

Rustic Goat
06-27-2003, 09:56 PM
Have you done any searches for suggested equipment on this site? If not, would be wise to do so, and check out the manufacture's home sites, compare goods, bads of all.
Have said before, when you ask that kind of question here, it's like going to a car show and asking which is better, Ford or Chevy.
Only here you will get a recommendation for every brand known/available as the best.
Do some hands on shopping, ask questions, take notes, literally. Then ask specific questions here.
You could end up deciding on an absolute best piece of equipment only to discover it isn't readily available in your area, but that's another subject.
I'm just suggesting the above, not putting you down for asking. :-)

swing blade
06-27-2003, 10:58 PM
thanks for the advice, and I am sorry that i forgot to search first. Its been one of those days... i have used shindwaia and stihl as well as echo brand everything. I have also used toro mowers, scag, gravely, honda, and walker. i just wanted to see what others use and why

Thanks again

Rustic Goat
06-27-2003, 11:15 PM
Yo Swing,
If you don't mind, I've a couple of questions for you.

You have experience with all the brands and equipment you have listed, how 'bout offering up some of your opinions, likes, dislikes, etc.

Just wondering, how is that you're wanting to start up an LCO this time of year. I know it 'can' be done anytime, just thought an experienced hand would pick prime time to launch.

Good luck whatever your goal

Live4Mowin'
06-27-2003, 11:21 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rustic Goat

You have experience with all the brands and equipment you have listed, how 'bout offering up some of your opinions, likes, dislikes, etc.

sounds good

Live4Mowin'
06-27-2003, 11:23 PM

sounds good

PS sorry about two posts i messed up the quote thing:o

Richard Martin
06-28-2003, 04:06 AM
My signature line has almost everything I am using. It's all very good equipment except for the Gravely and Husky chainsaw.