PDA

View Full Version : Home made striping kit?

FiNaL
06-28-2003, 10:39 PM
HEy i searched and found a few posts on striping but didn't find what i was looking for. I was wondering if anyone has ever made like a homemade striping kit for there lawn mower? I got a normal 2003 John Deere lawn mower with a 42'' deck and i called the john Deere place and they said that they don't make any kind of striping kits for there lawn mowers. And i wanna Stripe with my Lawn mower and i was wondering if i can't get a striping kit for it can i make one? and i also checked out the link about striping http://www.elmlawnsite.com/striping_information.htm and seen that 2 of those lawns were done WIth Out a striping kit HOW IS THAT? i have been told that you can make a striping kit out of some pipe and something else HAS anyone tried that with a normal riding mower? ANy help would be great.:D

EmeraldLawncare
07-14-2003, 03:12 AM
I made a simple striping kit for a 21" Lawn Boy push mower.
It worked somewhat, but was crappily constructed and heavy.

tinmansoccer11
08-16-2003, 09:12 PM
I'm 17, and always thought the stripes in a lawn looked good. We have a Craftsman 20hp, 42" riding mower. Nothing fancy. I used a piece of angle iron, an old rubber bed mat, and bolted it to the back of our Craftsman.
From the back of the lawn mower, I bent a piece of metal in the shape of an L. Withe the longer part of the L sticking out, I bolted the piece of angle iron to it (making it perpendicular.) I then cut the rubber to 42", and making sure I wouldn't back over it if I had to put the mower in reverse. It worked well for a month or so, but my yard is somewhat rough in spots...I advise that you make it as stable as possible. In all honesty, it striped very well. Neighbors actually thought we bought a new mower. A little hillbilly ingenuity goes a long way!