PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find a good price on an enclosed trailer online?

Lawnworks
06-29-2003, 02:06 PM
I need an 8x20 enclosed trailer. Where can I get one cheap? I wouldn't mind going out of state to avoid sales tax.

lugnut#6
06-29-2003, 02:18 PM
just paid close to 3500.00 for a new 6'x12'.
i looked online but couldnt find any.
check ebay or wells cargo or pace america and look for links.
check your search engine finds.

LAWNGODFATHER
06-29-2003, 03:02 PM
Don't you pay sales tax when you register it?

Most are made in Indiana, take a trip there, save the $500 for shipping and most likely some extra dough.

J&R
06-29-2003, 03:33 PM
Were in Georgia are you. i know of a good used haul mark for sale. in that size.

nelbuts
06-29-2003, 04:32 PM
Express Trailers makes a great trailer and is located in GA look them up.

beck
06-29-2003, 05:19 PM
MSI trailers has given me the best prices that I could find, checking 6-7 different local and out of state dealers.

try 1-888 HAUL MSI

or
www.mobilestructures.com (http://www.mobilestructures.com/)

Doc Pete
06-29-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Lawnworks
I need an 8x20 enclosed trailer. Where can I get one cheap? I wouldn't mind going out of state to avoid sales tax.
First, you end up paying sales tax when you get your plates, unless you try to use to without plates:( . If you try to lower the price, then you can't deduct the full amount from the business,either. It ain't worth the trouble. However, look for a local company and pick it up at the factory, you should save doing that.

Rustic Goat
06-30-2003, 12:16 AM
Switchless is right about looking locally, meaning a couple hundred miles or so. What you may think you'll save in taxes would be more than offset by shipping costs and/or travel expenses.
Indiana isn't the only place, several close by me in East Texas, couple more in South Louisiana, several that I know of in Southern Arkansas, couple here in Shreveport. . . . . Not that you'd want to travel to get any of these, point being, they're all over the place.