PDA

View Full Version : Scag Swzu36

alex516
06-29-2003, 05:49 PM
Hi everyone, I'm new at this being my own boss, been cuttin for a few years p/t but have now been doing my own cuts for about a month. Just picked up a used one owner (non landscaper) SCAG 36 HYDRO WALK BEHIND WITH ADVANTAGE DECK.

It's a WHOLE new world compared to the exmark belt drive models that I was used to, especially response on controls, etc..
I've used this machine at my house to get used to it, but wanted to know if anyone else found it difficult to get used to zero turns and the hydro's response -vs- belt drive models?

Also, How much would a manual cost for one of these puppies?
The old man lost his and I want to read all about my new machine!

Lastly, wondering what all the 1 year or less sole operators are doing now, How's work? How many acocunts ya have at this point?

How big, and any commercial jobs yet, like bidded ones,etc....

Let's get a COOL thread going here,,,,,

Rustic Goat
06-30-2003, 01:09 AM
Ask Scag dealer about manual price, or borrow his and make copies, not that many pages.

Just 'play' with your machine until you feel comfortable/confident, before tackling a customers lawn, don't actually have to be cutting, turn the blades off and just drive it.

If you haven't already, put your machine through a complete preventative maintenance check.

Green Care
10-31-2003, 11:38 PM
Also make sure you practice your reverse pivot so you won't tear the turf apart.

It's real easy too do.